What does it for you?

Harley

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Animals can also make an effort to give us a laugh, the title is franglais, but the result is international...   [:$]

Pets Animaux

Ah yes christine you have just reminded me of Animals do the funniest things, that always makes me laugh

[/quote]

I remember Uncle Mort in I didn't know you cared! He is the only one I remember though. I remember when I was only small back in Kildare, watching George and Mildred with me Mammy every thursday evening at me aunty Alice's house (she had a telly) Bejaney, we loved George And Mildred! Every thursday morning before I went to school, me Mammy would bless me and say "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, bring you home safe for George and Mildred this evening"  When I got home me Mammy would be waiting at the door with me pyjamas in her bag,  her head  scarf on, and a big pot of cabbage ready to take with us to aunty Alice's place.  When we got to the house, I would put on me pyjamas (it only had one and a half legs) and we would settle down in front of the telly as contented as  parrots. Well we would laugh like mad things at the antics of them two! during the adverts we would have a sup of tea and a big bowl of cabbage each, and after George and Mildred was over, we would have a big lump of me aunty's brack that she hid under the settee. Then I would fall asleep on the settee, the next thing I would know was me Mammy blessing me again before I left for school the next morning.  Rare owl times indeed!

[kiss]

Seeing Red Dwarf in the lists reminded me of the episode where they went to the back to front planet and Cat went off in the bushes for a Poo!   Laughed 'til I cried[:-))]

I had forgotten about the Muppet Show - my children love it - the original shows that is - wasn't funny when they went politically correct.

Why is it that modern writers feel that they can't get a laugh without being really insulting, foul mouthed or thoroughly vulgar.[+o(]  It is possible to acheive if you have talent.[:D]

Oh! and in my long list, I forgot :

Spike Milligan, Laurel & Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, The Marx Brothers, 'I haven't got a clue' team, Clive Anderson, Ian Hislop, Paul Merton, Jonathan Woss...  

About 'Keeping up appearances' The producers copied the character from my Mother-in-law! Same build of a woman, same hen-peck husband (sadly departed for a quieter life!) same rudeness to her entourage and family. It did make me laugh for an episod or two... soon got tired of it...

Cassis .............

Consider yourself nominated.

Suggestion: three votes, scoring 3, 2 & 1 respectively.  Just keeps it simple.

Can you include 'Anything involving Patricia Hewitt'.  It has the double 'advantage' of making me want to laugh and scream simultaneously.   

I don't mind putting the list togtether from all the mentions on this thread - as you know, I am looking for a life and in the meantime that would do - but I've spotted a snag.  The forum doesn't support polls. 

Any ideas?[:'(]

I don't mind putting the list togtether from all the mentions on this thread - as you know, I am looking for a life and in the meantime that would do - but I've spotted a snag.  The forum doesn't support polls. 

Any ideas?[Www]

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

Can you include 'Anything involving Patricia Hewitt'.  It has the double 'advantage' of making me want to laugh and scream simultaneously.   

[/quote]

Dawn Primarolo and Anne Widdecombe do that for me. [:D]

[quote user="Cassis"]I don't mind putting the list togtether from all the mentions on this thread - as you know, I am looking for a life and in the meantime that would do - but I've spotted a snag.  The forum doesn't support polls. 

Any ideas?[Www]
[/quote]

Just do it Cassis.  If, by the time that James has got back from the pub and he's noticed it, he'll doubtless realise that this is a harmless piece of nonsense and non-threatening to anybody or Archant.  Zap it at your peril, guardian!

Katie, Ian has always been a bit strange that way..

Anyway.

BlackAdder (where is SB again?)

Father Ted

The West Wing. 

Yes, yes, I realise this is not widely regarded as a comedy, but I laughed out loud on more occasions than ruddy old Only fools and Horses. What's more I know there is at least one person here who WILL agree with me...

Oh and one more thing.

Furry Knickers (or Fury Nix when he is cross, which is, errm, never). I know he hasn't had his own show, but it is my considered opinion that he makes many people laugh out loud and do dreadful damage to their keyboards.[:-))]

All except Miki, who never quite got it. Shame, that [:(]

That is a picture of me chasing my dog around the brecon beacons 6am every morning.  Girls if you want to lose weight get a hound to chase before breakfast.

Actually, I walk him in white pyjama bottoms, a white vast and Dr Marten boots.

And the mountains are at the bottom of my garden gate.  Twinkles hubby done the walk when he came over and loved it.  So I think the most canny of englishmen should move to my country.

OK adjudicator.  The vote from the Gard is as follows:

'Open All Hours'   3 pts   (even 20 yrs on, doesn't look dated)

'Blackadder'         2 pts   (good, but especially for the poignancy of the final episode)

'Fawlty Towers'    1 pt    (just a classic - we've all stayed at one, haven't we?)

p.s. KKK - how can I stop that that ****** eye winking?   James ought to be coming down hard on that sort of  distraction.   

[quote user="Ian Horn"]p.s. KKK - how can I stop that that ****** eye winking?   James ought to be coming down hard on that sort of  distraction.   [/quote]

Har Har Har

You guys are giving me big laughs, as the young gentlefolk of my acquaintence are wont to say of an evening.

Is everyone worn out yet? What will the early birds think?