Shagg Buddies

Quillan

On my daughters last visit she used this term referring to one of her friends who has one. I didn't know what it means so I asked her. It would seem that many young professional women who are what is commonly called 'high flying' jobs find it rather difficult to find partners who are at the same level as them both 'status' and money wise. Being that they also work long hours like 08:00 to 21:00 every week day and Saturday mornings for Merchant banks and other financial institutions in London they find it difficult to even go out with the chance of finding the 'right man'. Still young and having 'normal' desires they use what they call 'shagg buddies' who are nice chaps who take them out, dine them and take them home after for.... well for what the name implies. This is a no strings attached event with no hang-ups for either party. The chap may spend the night, coffee in the morning and off he goes, no emotional ties or baggage.

Now I listened to all this with interest and thought it was probably a joke and had forgotten all about it. Last week we had some English guests and they left behind a old copy off The Independent which we have kept (gets used in the cat litter tray in the winter) and I have now had time to read it. Well low and behold right in the middle is an article about; yep you have got it shagg buddies. The article, by Catherine Townsend dated 3rd August is actually called "Sleeping Around" ( a cut down version can be read here http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article1211649.ece ).

I see in the original article there are a couple of UK websites for women to find chaps on. Now then I wonder if professional women here in France need such a service or if there is indeed such a thing. If so I would like to know where I can sign up just to get in front of the rush of other chaps wanting to do the same. Also, any ideas what the qualifications are for such a job (I asked the wife and everytime she looks at me since she just starts laughing for no apparent reason)?

I used to work in the CITY before dropping out before I burnt out. This is a normal 'release'. Work hard, play hard.You only need to go to a city bar after 10pm. In my day it was 'it make large' i.e. big wads of cash, big wraps (coke).Big pads (Dockland flats). For good or bad (;-) ) I missed out on some of this, because I worked for my father's company, so only put in a few hours a day,but stilled enjoyed some of the lifestyle.. From friends who still work in the SQ MILE., I understand that drugs are now massive there, and now just nose candy and weed.

I used to work in the CITY before dropping out before I burnt out. This is a normal 'release'. Work hard, play hard.You only need to go to a city bar after 10pm. In my day it was 'it make large' i.e. big wads of cash, big wraps (coke).Big pads (Dockland flats). For good or bad (;-) ) I missed out on some of this, because I worked for my father's company, so only put in a few hours a day,but stilled enjoyed some of the lifestyle.. From friends who still work in the SQ MILE., I understand that drugs are now massive there, and now just nose candy and weed.

Quillan you of all people should have thought this through a bit more thoroughly.

This is France we're talking about. For a start off which Caisse would a would be Shagg Buddy need to register with?

Do you need to pay any social charges on the "services" you are providing and if no money changes hands is someone (maybe the Centre des Impots) going to put a notional sales value  on said services?

Do you need a Siret No. and if so where do you display it?

Is there an apprenticship scheme before you can call yourself an Artisan Shagg Buddy?

Are any services provided on a Saturday or Sunday considered to be on the black and don't need reporting for tax purposes?

And when Ron returns can he please let any aspiring S B know which box to put the earnings in?

Back to the drawing board Quillan.

Benjamin

[quote user="Benjamin"]
Back to the drawing board Quillan.
[/quote]

No no, Benjamin. I'm quite sure everything will fall into place (as it were) for Quillan!

I found over 7 million references to this type of 'friendship' via google, so there's a huge demand.

Also - and you may not be aware of this - Quillan 'came out' as a Lesbian not too long ago. That's his Unique Selling Point.

[quote user="Cassis"]Are we sure this isn't just some sort of twitchers club, anyway?
[/quote]

No Cassis, this is quite different. It's very specifically aimed at 'action' rather than 'observation'.

I'm sure Quillan is researching as we speak, and will come back to let us know how he is progressing. I'm interested to know whether him being a shagg-buddy will form part of the services he offers at his Band B?

There's the rest of you groaning about the washing and ironing, and he's contemplating generating more? 

I just can't get over how enterprising he is! He's inspirational, and I'm sure users browsing the forum, wondering if they too can make a go of life in France, will feel the same way.[:-))]

I have always said if me and my hubby should ever part ways that is the relationship I would look for.  Tuesdays and Fridays would be nice.  Just imagine, no telling you how to drive, act in front of his mates and filling every nook and cranny of your home up with unidentifiable tools and junk that he never uses. 

No more heavy metal, dirty socks and big boots, sweaty training kits, eating curry then passing 3 times his body weight daily OMG the list could go on and on.

Quillan sign me up!

[quote user="Russethouse"]What happened to the good old French tradition of cinq a sept ? (sorry abut the accent) [:)][/quote]

Gay, I don't know about this tradition. Is it something I should have picked up at the Troisiéme Age club?

I'm not kidding. What does it mean?

[quote user="Russethouse"]What happened to the good old French tradition of cinq a sept ? (sorry abut the accent) [:)][/quote]

Gay, I don't know about this tradition. Is it something I should have picked up at the Troiséme Age club?

I'm not kidding. What does it mean?

Oh yes indeed Mrs Animal. Thank you very much.[:)]

Now, how did Gay know about that!

PS the older people here (that I know) are a pretty raunchy lot. I'll pretend I don't know what it means, and ask one of them as a conversational 'gambit' at the earliest opportunity[:D]

PS you missed Mr Nix earlier. So did I[:(]

[quote user="Russethouse"]I understod the French had a certain reputation for some sometimes long term cinq a sept 'situations'............. [/quote]

Russet.. [:$]..... On a toujours besoin d'un petit rafraichissement horizontal de temps en temps, juste avant l'apéritif et le diner...  Et de 5 à 7 c'est parfait!..... [;-)]

Quillan! Please sign me up if you are making a database of customers! or linking them to potential providers! [:D][:-))][;-)]

Well I have been doing some research. Loads of pages in google.co.uk but nothing on google.fr except about some pop group which leads me to believe there is a distinct lack of ‘buddies’ here in France.

Now about these two and a half minutes, this guy needs help. You could try http://www.tantra.com/ which might point him in the right direction. Pizza in bed, I prefer chocolate and UHT ‘squirty’ cream myself but then that’s me.

So I feel some field trials are in order, any volunteers?