Dancing

Chris Head

Having just spent the afternoon and evening and night with perhaps 30 of our French freinds and neighbours I'm just ashamed at my inability to dance. I need to learn....I love music, I listen to it all day, I work to it but I just can't move to it! Any dance teachers in the Creuse or anyone who can shift their butt enough to make me not embarass myself?

Hopefully, Chris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boat dance! Great idea. There's also a health & safety issue, 90 kilos of unco-ordinated Englishman hurtling around the floor can get a bit dangerous! Where we live there's a party on every weekend somewhere, the summer is a busy time! Right off to the barn to practice a devastating move!

Happy Sunday.

Chris

>>>Chris - teach your neighbours the 'Boat Dance' and be done with it!<<<

Or the Conga! and they'll teach you Cérock! Can't decide which of all these dances is most cringeing!...

Anyway nothing wrong with a bit of 'Dad (or Mum) dancing'... If its gets your kids to run away from you and leave you to enjoy the party : I'll do my 'Mumdancing' routine! anyparty, anytime... I always win!

Then some suave git (not too inhebriated if poss or there is no fun in it if he is well ahead of me!) cares to dance with me...

'Dans les bruits familiers de la boite à la mode.... c'est là qu'on c'est connu parmi ceux de notre âge...Dansons joue contre joue... Ton coeur contre mon coeur... Viens, noyez dans la cohue... découvrons ces plaisirs démodés....Comme s'il n'y avait que nous....dansons joue contre joue....' Ah!! bring it on Charles Aznavour!

3 weeks ago I went out with my daughter and she was in bed LONG before the party, or I, had finished.

Now who said that WE the oldies couldn't keep up!....

PS : Chris! Dad-dancing routine as explained by Alexis Sayle consists of :

put right foot slightly forward in a 'squash that fag' step, bring it back and shimmey body from shoulders to hips 2 or 3 times, then left foot back with a 'kick that growler in the chops' step, bring back, shimmey body and hips, right foot forward, repeat steps... from time to time position body in a westerly direction then alternatively north, east and south... Wave arms from time to time to your mates with a knowing wink, thumbs up, bottle in hand pointing to woman dancing with you (is she?) !

You can't go wrong!...

When's the next party?....

Chris, if you really want to know how to dance, the secret is to move to the drum and relax.  Feel the music dont be too ambitious and it will all come natuarally.  Remember DA DRUM!!

I dont know why you are so hung up about it though.  There is something very unappealling in men who are good dancers.  No shaking your butt.  All you have to do is stomp.

I think you know the answer to that one Twinks? But only if you've got a Westwood mini skirt on! Thing is I dance alot on my own, my music collection is great and you wouldn't believe the acoustics in my barn but come to dance in front of the world...well I just get embarrassed, it's like I can;t connect. Y'all remember the Madness walk? I had madness on earlier in the barn and just had a ball! Oh bollocks, there's gotta be fellow nutters out there somewhere?

Chris

>>>Oh, don't tuck anything in, let everything fly !  <<<

Be careful Christine... he is quite dangerous with a flying chainsaw to be letting everything fly out..... Have you had a good look at his avatar here!...

Never mind the avatar on this forum... you should see his pin-up poster on the next door forum!....

Don't be fooled, he knows how to make a girl tremble and twirl ... OOOOHH!!!