Living France Quiz - just for fun?

Russethouse

I haven't done your quiz for ages [:$] but how is it possible to cheat? I thought the questions were fairly random.

I don't want to cast aspersions, but does that mean that the person at the top of the leaderboard is cheating somehow?

[quote user="Russethouse"]As they actually call themselves 'cheat' and are often top of the leaderboard I guess that could be the case![/quote]

Sorry, you have lost me now as the leader is JJ who certainly wouldn't cheat.

I don't think its worth getting het up about though, if this person gets a buzz out of cheating, they would probably get an even bigger buzz being discussed on here!

I got the impression that 'cheat'' did it blatantly in order to demonstrate how easy it was - anybody that obvious has a rather different agenda from those who really do cheat in order to win, and I am sure some do that, as it is definitely not possible to do it first time in less than about 50 seconds even when you may have seen some of the questions a few days before. Those which involve reading and translating French, like those Clouseau ones, take about 20 seconds each.

I've just had a look at this month's scores so far, having decided previously that it was, unfortunately, a waste of time continuing to do the quiz because I know for sure that it is no longer possible to win honestly. It looks as if you are being a bit unfair to 'cheat' - he/she is only 5th in this month's standings, there is somebody else who seems to have won every game in November with some ridiculous scores that in my opinion cannot be honestly achieved.

All you need is two identities. Just do it once, and write down/remember the answers. Then when the same questions come up (albeit in a different order) you don't need any general knowledge, skill, luck etc.

Gay can't win really. If everybody gets different questions then it stamps out the cheats - but we are all playing on different fields. If we all get the same questions then it's just too simple to beat the system.

So thanks for what you have done so far Gay, but I for one don't see any point in continuing.

Er...........[:$]I'm not cheating. I have had repeat questions, which I'm amazed I even remember. I am getting embarrassed that I have won every day. It would be great if the questions could be changed. I would like my general knowledge to play it's part a bit more & not memory so much. I'm really sorry if people are upset. I'll bow out.

I agree it is quite frustrating playing honestly every day and never really knowing what your efforts count for if several of the opposition are cheating ( or maybe not?).

But most of all, I simply wonder why they bother - its not as if there are prizes involved, or even any particular glory. I just do it because I am stupidly hooked on testing my own abilities, whether to remember previous questions, make clever guesses, or sometimes actually know obscure things. 

To log in every day just to cheat for the sake of it seems to me to be pointless beyond belief - or am I missing something ??

Regards to all fellow addicts,

Lindsey