The Kids are Alright!

Dick Smith

You would love my son Dick.  It is really refreshing to come across an "oldie" who has a good understanding of school boy pranks.  Although I must admit he is hard work.  Good heart with no common sense.  Intelligent but lazy.  But when caught he is always the first to own up and NEVER grasses his mates.

We once painted our playground as a giant chessboard. And that was the art staff. But nothing phallic, yet.

A lot of the things we did at school (which were pretty much condoned by the staff) would lead to exclusion and possibly expulsion today! The burial of the school mascot (at sea) springs to mind...

A group of boys in my class at school discovered that if you lifted a manhole cover in the middle of the school playing field there was a little chamber about 6ft x 6ft, big enough to stand up in. For several weeks they would go down there each lunchtime to have a crafty smoke, coming up just in time for the bell.

One day the headmaster rang the bell early and they came up to find the school field empty and every teacher watching out of the classroom window - they were christened the Sewer Set ![:)]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Nice to see that some kids still have a sense of humour (and their school as well...)

[/quote]

I agree Dick. The spokesperson handled it very well.

I was thinking how bright it was of them to 'draw' it so big that it wouldn't be visible from the ground, but looking at the picture, anyone in the building next door would have a fine view. [:)]

What a story. [:D]

I

know several teenagers who live near me, that share the same ‘mischievous’ sense of

humour..one instance of this behaviour  in particular that springs to

mind, involves a 17 year old boy who managed to purchase a second hand car from

the local gypsy camp site for the princely sum of £1. His father wasn’t very

pleased when he discovered the imp with said car. *shrug* You’d think he would

have been landed, over the moon in fact, and allowed his son to make a nice

little profit from the local scrap merchants…unfortunately the boy was only 13

at the time, and his dear mother *cough* JK *cough*, also unfortunately shared

her husband’s views….Poor master JK. [blink] Luckily this episode didn't thwart

any of his natural entrepreneurial skills [:D]

Well, he was with my friends son then he sneaked off with a gypsy and my friends son rang my husband to tell him he had gone with Frankie One Shoe.  My husband immediately drove up to the gypsy camp and found him there shaking hands and doing a deal with a ciggie hanging out of his mouth.  He walked proudly over to his father and said.  "Tow it away dad, it's all yours". 

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Nice to see that some kids still have a sense of humour (and their school as well...)

http://education.guardian.co.uk/schools/story/0,,2002927,00.html
[/quote]

After reading through this thread I had to go and see the offending article.

But it really is disappointingly tiny.   I had to search for it.  

Do children today have no ambition?  [:)]

[quote user="RumziGal"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But have you seen the price of weed killer these days?

[quote user="RumziGal"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, Dougal, this cow is very small and that cow is far away...

It would have been much better done with lawn-greener, or fertiliser, lasts MUCH longer.

DON'T ask how I know[;-)]

And for those of you who liked the one at THAT school, and especially the poster who commented how small it was, have a look on Google earth at Yarm High School roof.