Easter!!

Meg

Happy Easter!

Look what arrived with our eggs, an Angora hamster called Hamlet (even though she's a she)

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/Lisleoise/Other/Hamlet005.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/Lisleoise/Other/Hamlet007.jpg[/IMG]

Lovely Easter Sunday here, sun shining.    Stayed over with friends last night.   Woke up to the sound of gulls, had pancakes and bacon for breakfast, sent the two boys out to look for the 100 eggs we'd hidden around the place. 

Had a quick trip through a tune book with me on vile din and friend on guitar.   He's dead pleased because I taught him the basics last night, so he's well on his way to being an expert fiddler.  Just think of the sacrifice there, I taught him all I know..... [:)]

Then we sat in the sun and had coffee and gingerbread bunnies and looked at the figs growing on the fig tree, and wondered how many peaches they'd get this year, and olives, and grapes.   The boys played cricket and badminton and boules and stuff like that.

Took Boy down to watch the container ships loading up and listened to their big engines, singing of adventure on the high seas.   The water was calm as anything, and we watched the swans doing that paddle-steamer thing with their big webbed feet, as we dangled our legs over the edge and ate ice cream.

Chatted to an old man who talked about his time in WW2 in Egypt and Palestine, I liked that.  I like friendly people who want to talk.  [:)]

Then lunch, then watched Nanny McPhee, and everyone laffed when I cried at the end.  [:$]

Lovely day! 

[quote user="RumziGal"]The land where I have friends with fertile fig trees and vines that produce grapes, of course!  [:)][/quote]

That'll teach me to read posts more thoroughly! The fact that you seemed to be so happy rather confused the issue. Long may you remain so!.

[quote user="KathyC"]

Long may you remain so!.

[/quote]

Why thank you!   It's very, very nice to see real container ships, very exciting, they make me come over all poetic and adventurous.   And I know that gulls are hulking scavengers, but they make a nice change from unpleasant magpies, which are the major bird in France.

Back down that way tomorrow to take Boy to Maritime Museum, then to St Mary's for him to go to the football.    It's cool.  [;-)]  

[quote user="RumziGal"]The land where I have friends with fertile fig trees and vines that produce grapes, of course!  [:)][/quote]

So you're in the South of England? 

Madame Gal, it is fantastic that this working in England lark is so much fun for you.

You're showing the boy child a good time too. All good stuff.