The latest project.

Bugsy

We needed a long, low cabinet for one corner of the lounge and couldn't find one anywhere, so decided to make one. A visit to a local 'troc' and I found a pile of Oak kitchen doors. Sorted out seven in the sizes I wanted and paid the grand total of 67 euros, a deal, or what. (They are 72 euros each new from Castorama).

The unit is 2.5 metres by 0.5 by 62cm. All oak apart from a pine base. The only expensive bit was the beautiful oak plank top (102 euros). The finish is beeswax over a light-oak stain.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/cabinet.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="raindog"]Beautiful job bugbear. Fancy making a second one for me?[:)]
[/quote]

That made me smile, Mrs B has just commented that there were some bigger doors in the 'troc', perhaps you could make a sideboard?

[:D][:D][:D]

thanks Cat...............................

[quote user="Geordie girl"]Whats a "troc" please? [8-)][/quote]

It's a second-hand shop. Normally, people take stuff in to be sold on commission. After a period of time, the prices are reduced until the items are sold.

Some are good for bargains, while some are expensive (prices for les anglaises)

Ford Anglia............................thanks..........................................I think............[:)]

You are joking about having that in your home??? It's like something from the 1980's[:)] I bet you have avocado bathrooms with a corner bath[:-))] Seriously though, it is horrible! Do they have skips in France?