Tax form changes?

CeeJay

Received tax form this morning but I am one of those who have to return on line! I did read in the Connexion that some boxes have changed, in particular the one to claim a deduction for a Government pensioner.

Having frequently read on this  Forum that said magazine cannot always be deemed to be accurate I am wondering if any member has a view on this.

Ceejay, sorry if I am being a bit dense; by "government pensioner" do you mean someone getting a state pension?  Or someone getting a pension having worked in the public sector?

I haven't looked closely at the form as this is a task that I absolutely loathe dealing with.  But I can see that you need "une copie de justificatif de votre identité"...........so, is that your passport?

Also that you need to include a RIB obligatoirement.

I glanced quickly and it seemed that one box is for the government pension that is taxed in the UK at source, and another one for pensions taxable in France such as the OAP....

But I stress that I have not yet studied it; this is just my first impression.

Am I now right in thinking that for a reduction or credit e.g. Government employee pension, then an additional, or replacement form 2042 RICI is required and presumably that form will be available on line to complete?

[quote user="CeeJay"]Am I now right in thinking that for a reduction or credit e.g. Government employee pension, then an additional, or replacement form 2042 RICI is required and presumably that form will be available on line to complete?

[/quote]

Hi,

The 2042 RICI is no use as it is concerned with  credits for donations to charities:  we have to wait for the "Notice " to 2042 -2017 which has not yet appeared online .

CJ,  I've done it twice now, once because I was running out of time, and last year because it was easier.  It's a little tedious waiting for all the forms to be accepted and loaded, but if you need to stop, it remembers you and you can get back to where you finished.  The other advantage is that if you forget somethign, or make a mistake, you can go back and correct it, and you can keep doing this until the deadline.  One year I forgot to attach the foreign bank payments form (that was easier before, you could just attach the doc from last year, online each has to be typed out ..) and the deadline was past.  I just emailed them, and apologised and sent it ... no probs.

Hi,

The 2042 RICI is no use as it is concerned with  credits for donations to charities:  we have to wait for the "Notice " to 2042 -2017 which has not yet appeared online .

The notice is there on mine when I go to the 2042 page..next to 'designation de déclarant'

.but it is called 2016 since that is the year of the income

I have downloaded it as a .pdf file but I don't think I can post that here.