windy or wot

Pads

Whats happening with the weather near you, I have just spent the night working , and it was very very windy and some amazing rain all night , its calm now , but I believe we are in for another blasting in the next couple of hours. The river behind me has burst its banks and the field behind me is flooded, hopfully it wont come much further ( we were the other village that was distroyed when boscastle was but got no mention) and my bird table has fallen out of the tree and broken [:(]

Hope you are all safe and warm , take care if you have to drive there will be a lot of rubbishe floating around in the roads.[:)]   

PS Im in North Cornwall 

Has been blowing a bit and lashing down with rain since about 8 o'clock here in the Limousin.  Fortunately we live in quite a sheltered spot but some friends about 2k from us are more exposed and say that some of the gusts make them feel as though their caravan is going to take off.

Hi All

In Kent here (Nr Sittingbourne) & also very windy, got the local sailing clubs weather details on line www.iossc.org.uk/weather at present top gust 65mph with a force 9.

Our little place in France is in the vendee, I have been looking at the web cam's out there also www.vendee.fr/meteo then follow the web cam links. They look like they are enjouing the tail end.

It's very wet and windy here too. I had planned to go and see the Severn Bore today. I thought it would be my last chance before I set off to France for the summer. I changed my mind after all the severe weather warnings.

Hoddy

At our location in the south of the Correze (450 metres AMSL) I have recorded a maximum wind gust of 29 mph at noon.  (on the 5th March it reached 38 mph), so no great shakes really.  For those who are interested the pressure dropped to 996.9 mb, the lowest I've recorded this year so far.  Oh, and 0.51 inches of rain today up till now.

Chris

[quote user="Pads"]All hell has be let loose out side right now , I can feel the house shuddering  and think I have heard the odd tile go........ Its very scary sat here on my own[:-))][/quote]

Pads if you think that's scary you should have been on my plane this afternoon to Exeter... not an experience I wish to repeat soon!  [+o(] [:-))]

Oh my god Rose !!! still I bet you lost a few calories[:D] Nothing would persude me into a plane today ....... although I think my house is about to take off.[:-))] The chapel next door has lost a few tiles...........[:(]

[quote user="Pads"]Oh my god Rose !!! still I bet you lost a few calories[:D] Nothing would persude me into a plane today ....... although I think my house is about to take off.[:-))] The chapel next door has lost a few tiles...........[:(][/quote]

Hi Pads... hope your house survived last week's weather... I had a much calmer return trip on Friday!  I have a colleague who also communutes but from Spain.  She flew in to Bristol and had to suffer two attempts at landing... she said the first time just before landing the plane suddenly swooped back up, they circuled and had a second attempt.  [:-))]

I'd be really interested to know just how bad the weather has to be before the airlines decide to stop planes taking off.  I was really worried that I would be crossing the channel just as the met office had forecast the storm would get worse again... OH told me the planes would not even consider taking off if they thought it would be dangerous... but 80 mph gusts must make landing a plane extremley difficult... I know this sounds stupid and I'm sure that it was all perfectly fine and safe... but just interested how bad it needs to be? [8-)]