End of the World or not?

TWINKLE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got dressed in my best (only) suit this morning, attached a collar to my shirt then knotted my kipper tie.  I must say that I looked a real picture and would have made a great impression at the pearly gates.  8:30 GMT came and went.  Now.....do I take a chance and take it all off and put on the usual clobber or shall I do the gardening dressed like it?  How long does it take for a black hole to appear? 

Weedon, don't take off that suit just yet.  Just tried to phone my brother on his mobile at CERN, he had just finished clearing up some conkers or something.  He said that he couldn't talk, he'd have to go, apparently his phone set off some kind of chain-reaction [:-))]

He did try to explain what had happened, I didn't quite understand, but it might have been this... http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1390810/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks Lorna and Cat for your helpful postings.  I have decided to sit at the pooter for a little while as I am a little confused as to when exactly the end is coming.  If it comes in the next few minutes and we all meet again I am the one in the suit with the flourescent kipper tie and slippers with bunny rabbits on the toes.  I shall try to hang on to my adjustable pooter chair (with arms) as it cost me €79:99.

[quote user="Clair"]I thought it had already started... [blink]
I could swear the earth moved an hour or so ago...[8-)]
[/quote]

Clair, you are probably correct. I was correcting the GMT reference and assumed that was the time everything started. Sorry for any confusion.

Tried the webcast and just got a black screen! Hope the accelerator works better.[:)]

Yippee!!!

We're still here!  I couldn't log on 'til now - that freaked me out for a while.  My ironing pile has disappeared - I think it must have been one of the first things to be sucked into the black hole and managed to block it up. 

My bad housekeeping has saved the planet[:)]

I was sat in my kitchen waiting for the switch to be thrown. I was dying to go to the toilet for a tinkle but thought to myself No way am I ending my days being flushed down the loo and also I had not finished my cuppa either. They could have done it a lot later in the day when I had showered and I could have put some slap on as well just in case I was goiing somewhere.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="TWINKLE"]Yippee!!!

My bad housekeeping has saved the planet[:)][/quote]

Have you seen my cat ?

[/quote]

I think a Mr Schroedinger took it away in a box.

How do we know that the universe wasn't destroyed and we are all now existing in a parallel universe identical to the original (but with missing socks restored)?