Responding to specific questions

Maricopa

Hi all

I wonder how other members feel about this?

On many occasions questions are posted that require a specific answer.  Members then respond to that question, to a greater or lesser extent, depending on their own experience or knowledge.  However, nothing is heard from the OP again, though they continue to be members and contribute to other threads, or even ask further questions.

Personally I find this bizarre to say the least and actually quite rude[:(]

Maybe this is water off a ducks back to many; but surely I can't be alone in how I feel?

M

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a CompleteFrance phenomena... many other forums suffer from the same lack of manners. In particular, I participate in an excellent phototography forum for Nikon users ... Nikonians.

There are many very talented people who respond with advice and information including award winning pros but you still have people get excellent advice but give no  feedback... rude and ignorant in the extreme.

At this stage I can offer very limited advice/comments on France and I'm mainly a recipient of others kind help/advice... I can only say if I'm ever guilty of this "black hole syndrome" please feel free to beat me up.

I've just returned from a week away and seeing this I started racking my brain to recall if I could be guilty. I've forgotten what I was posting before I went and can imagine how easy it could be to forget about something you asked, particularly if you raised it on a few forums (fora ?).

If done carelessly I think it is rude not to reply but I suspect often it's just the lack of a 'track my posts' facility. Or is there such a thing ?

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="greyman"]...I suspect often it's just the lack of a 'track my posts' facility. Or is there such a thing ?[/quote]
You can track all the threads you've posted to by going to My Forums (top left of main forum page).
[/quote]

He's had a couple of glasses of wine Clair... I'll show him where it is... bless him! [Www]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="greyman"]...I suspect often it's just the lack of a 'track my posts' facility. Or is there such a thing ?[/quote]
You can track all the threads you've posted to by going to My Forums (top left of main forum page).
[/quote] Thank you Clair (nearly forgot !). It's been subtly explained to me now by Rose.

[quote user="greyman"][quote user="Clair"][quote user="greyman"]...I suspect often it's just the lack of a 'track my posts' facility. Or is there such a thing ?[/quote]
[/quote] Thank you Clair (nearly forgot !). It's been subtly explained to me now by Rose.[/quote]

You mean Rose can be subtle?  No, no, don't answer that!

It was only a joke and Rose knows me well enough to realise I'm just teasing!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

You mean Rose can be subtle?  No, no, don't answer that!

It was only a joke and Rose knows me well enough to realise I'm just teasing!

[/quote]

Sweets... I know you were only joking... [:)]  (but Greyman... that's another matter [Www])

[quote user="Maricopa"]

[quote user="Rose"]....I sometimes I dont reply for a few days and then feel really guilty... now I feel doubly guilty...[/quote]

Don't worry Rose, I'm not talking about a few days, everyone is entitled to that, I'm talking about weeks[:-))]

M

[/quote]

Phew! [:D]

Does anyone else get day's when they are happy to post and answer and make comments... and then other days... you just dont want to, or you dont even come and check....

(or will that be just me? [8-)] [blink])

I think we are all guilty of this from time to time. However if you scan the info in the topic listings one piece of data given is who entered the last reply. This is sometimes in error as an earlier poster making a correction will register as if they were the last poster when they were not thus masking the fact that there has been another reply. Demonstrated here by my adding this! Another site similar to this one makes edits impossible once another reply has been added.

Another issue is that to often folk start a heated discussion between themselves often going off topic and ignoring the original question put. You can therefore hardly blame the original poster for doing the same thing as the odd sensible reply can be buried in the fracas...............................................J