The BBCi Site

Frederick

I have found myself turning to the BBCi site more and more and find it very good indeed....not just for watching stuff  missed on TV and radio.....Its so handy to be able when talking to family on the other side of the world to be able  to refer them to somthing you have seen and  they can also watch...Stuff  that you know they would enjoy.........well done the BBCi site .....  

There is plenty of TV to access...I looked at the "Cult of the Onidin Line " this evening . on  the BBC i  site ......I assumed anybody who could access the BBC web site would be able to watch  from anywhere ...?....but then I am no expert in these things ....

[quote user="ErnieY"][quote user="Nell"]

But you can't use this in France - Can you??

When I tried it said it was available in the UK only

[/quote]Many things are possible - if you know how [;-)]

Check out THIS thread

[/quote]

Ernie - I checked out this site. I then paid my 2.50 GBP to Chris for the price of a pint.... to get a 1 page PDF file to tell me how to get bbc etc on my PC in France. Now I know it's only 2.50 (hey - lets take a chance here [;-)] ) that's not a problem, what IS a problem is I am in France, After receiving the PDF file and reading down 8 lines, I then find the bit that says "What do you need - The most important thing you need is access to a PC in the UK with Broadband connection ..."

I don't have a PC in the UK... Am I missing the point here??? I can be a bit thick at times [8-)]

Regards

[quote user="Nell"]I checked out this site. I then paid my 2.50 GBP to Chris for the price of a pint.... to get a 1 page PDF file.....[/quote]Sorry Nell but you've completely lost me, who is Chris and what £2.50 ?

Having a PC running in UK would be a way to access the iPlayer from outside UK but is nothing to do with the site I pointed you to and the method employed !

Correct Clair, I'm glad you could see where I was coming from (I don't know myself sometimes [:D] )

Sorry Ernie - I obviously followed the wrong link, There are a few on that thread, I think your first one takes me to a magazine.... Maybe youself or Panda could help this poor old confused person and post the link again on this thread - please [kiss][kiss]

As I siad ......What do I know about it ? ..........Here I am telling my family in Australia  if you go to the site you can watch the  BBC ....TV ,stuff  like I can .........   There is an "International  " button to click  so I thought that they  just had to do that and away you go ....No wonder I have not had any feed back ...Lets hope they make it possible soon for everyone to access  it .....

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Radio is available now TV will be on line shortly.

[/quote]

Yesterday at 6pm (local time) Radio 2 was sending a message saying that for copyright reasons the service was unavailable. Does this hint that all radio will become unavailable on the internet outside UK?

• 3 months later...

EnrieY

the blurb on the link says

• The IP Changer basically does for your Internet connection what "Caller ID Blocking" does for your phone. There is nothing wrong with trying to keep your IP address private for the right reasons. If there is any question, you should consult with a legal advisor to confirm that your intended use is legal.
  • but by the bbc, my intended use is illegal (for the moment).

Sill...when  has that stopped the bulk of France from adhering to the letter of the law

If anyone can come up with an IP address of a Proxy server that allows me access to iPlayer (or Radio 5Live for that matter) then I'm all ears...and doesn't disappear after 2 days would be evern better!

From the BBC iPlayer T&C's

"You agree:

that if you infringe these Terms, the BBC may get and use the

information that it holds concerning your use and access to the BBC

iPlayer and any information that is available to it about you to stop

your infringement. You agree that this information may be disclosed to

relevant third parties if it is necessary (and BBC deems it is

proportionate to the infringement) to disclose that information for the

purpose of the BBC tracing infringement of these Terms by you. This may

include informing relevant third parties (such as your email provider,

or the administrator of a message board) about an infringement of the

Terms and getting information from these parties that will enable the

BBC to identify you and remove your access to BBC iPlayer."

You may be infringing the terms but illegal as in against the law, I think not. If it were so they would be threatening you with proper legal consequences not tracing you to cut you off.

Being savaged by a dead sheep comes to mind [:P]