Théière

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Bugbear"][[quote user="Bugbear"]

[/quote]

.......**using the english definition of a billion - 0.075% using the american standard

[/quote]

I think you will find they have changed the English definition of a billion at least I hope they have the way Gordon Brown is spending billions. It does seem like dumbing down.

Woss is still paid £6,000,000 more than he is worth.

[quote user="Cynthia Shagpiece"]

The guy just has it all, so is it any wonder that he makes you feel so inadequate and insignificant[:)]

[/quote]

Not sure how you came to that conclusion as I've felt many emotions in my life but never inadequacy or insignificance, quite the opposite in fact.

As regards him "being very big down there" well you got that very nearly right, but it's not just "down there". The guy is a total Prat.

[quote user="Cynthia Shagpiece"][quote user="sueyh"]

Oh and back on the radio too.  Can't stand that giggling, simpering sidekick of his either.  Come back Jo Brand, Lisa Tarbuck or Richard Allinson, please.

Suey

[/quote]

And Jimmy Young, he was amazing! He had a beautiful singing voice too. I loved his version of Donald where's your troosers.

[/quote]

Bit of a misunderstanding me thinks. No Cynthia, Jimmy Young has never sat in for Mr. Ross while he was off suspended for his wrong doings!!

suey

"I think at least 5.1 million people would disagree with you on that!"   quote - Cynthia Shagpiece

Popularity is no arbiter of what is good taste.  The BBC has a few other programmes that are extremely popular (supposedly) eg soaps which are demeaning, over-dramatised, and instead of raising the human spirit they degrade it.

We put up with it unwillingly, we have no choice and have to pay the licence fee.   It's another form of indirect taxation imposed upon us by our political masters.   Those of you in France are lucky not having to fund the likes of Wossie.

Tegwini

[quote user="tegwini"]

"I think at least 5.1 million people would disagree with you on that!"   quote - Cynthia Shagpiece

Popularity is no arbiter of what is good taste.  The BBC has a few other programmes that are extremely popular (supposedly) eg soaps which are demeaning, over-dramatised, and instead of raising the human spirit they degrade it.

Tegwini

[/quote]

...and contain propaganda...

Glad I do not pay a TV licence.

Cythia

Happy to be stuffy,  and enjoy many funny programmes, but I, like  many,  object not only to Wossie's vulgarity, but also to the ridiculous amount they pay him.

If you are in the Irish Repub. presumably you don't have to pay the licence tax.

Tegwini

I'm leaving this thread as having given it a lot of thought I have come to the conclusion that I don't like ANY of these so called celebrities.

My idea of a celebrity is a surgeon who has just saved someones life, people who foster kids, work with mentally ill, caring for the elderly and stuff like that.

Not jumped-up, self=opinionated,overpaid  entertainers (even entertainers is questionable in some cases)

Bye, lovies.................[;-)]

Unfortunately, some of the posts on this thread have had to be "moderated".

I have unlocked the detention room and will no hesitate to move the thread [:)].

Please do not resort to belittling or to personal insults, veiled or otherwise to express your opinion. Just accept that no everyone shares your tastes and learn to appreciate diversity [:)].

There endeth the sermon.

Gary

I agree with you on the over-everything of celebs (payments, reporting ...) but would like to mention that at least someone with talent should have a mention.

I can think of people like the violinist Yehudi Menuin,  the pianist Daniel Barenboim (wonderful on Mozart), Lawrence Olivier, Mother Teresa,  Paul Mc Cartney etc ...    Most of these earned less than Wossie's current  contract with the BBC in their entire lifetimes.

Tegwini

ps for the Mods - have you done anything about Mr/Mrs/Ms  .   ?     Clearly aims to annoy and is succeeding.

[quote user="tegwini"]ps for the Mods - have you done anything about Mr/Mrs/Ms  .   ?     Clearly aims to annoy and is succeeding.[/quote]

You know better than to ask the mods to pass comment on any user on the forum...

Comments or questions

regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by

"private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or

direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted

in the open forum.