Celebrity chef Keith Floyd dies

Clair

I can't help wondering whether he saw last night's documentary just before he died. Certainly it didn't paint him in a very good light and I think the director - whilst saying he wanted to portray him fairly - was certainly cruel to use some footage when Floyd was clearly drunk or said some things he might regret when he was sober.

A great shame. I liked his style of presenting .... such a shame that last night's documentary has left us with a picture of a shambolic wreck rather than the memory of a great entertainer and cook.

Nectarine that was my thought exactly. It was a heartbreaking documentary.

And, while Keith Allen was professing to be sensitive to the whole situation, I did feel that he (a notorious hellraiser himself) did egg Floyd on in a way that was pretty shameful.

I know, though, that I shall remember him in happier, healthier days every time I refer to my battered, stained old copy of Floyd On France.

I agree with Fay about Floyd on France.  I didn't see the documentary - can't stand Keith Allan and his mockney troupe of kids - but Keith Floyd was one of my culinery heroes.

And as Fay said, my very old and battered copy of Floyd on France looks a bit battered likle he eventually did - time for a celebratory new copy I think.

[quote user="nectarine"]I can't help wondering whether he saw last night's documentary just before he died. [/quote]

Apparently he did see it.

quote "

Allen said: "I'm so glad that I managed to meet one of my heroes before he unfortunately died. I'm in receipt of an email from Keith which he sent after he viewed the programme last week, in which he praised the show - he loved it." 

"