A sign of dumbing down?

woolybanana

[quote user="Chancer"]

All the socks that I have bought in France are handed as they have been either work or trekking socks, the amusing thing is that they have L &R on them.

Its the knickers with C&A marked on them that confuse me [;-)]

[/quote]

Snap, I wondered who would mention that old pun [:D] . I am sure its not politically correct these days but it made me wonder if the socks were for boots and in particualr those worn by the inhabitants of that large Island to the west of the UK. Just thinking about the old schoolboy joke about why wellies have L and R on them. No offense intended by the way. They will be producing turfed grass next with 'Green Side Up' written on it. [:'(]

I'm sorry, Richard, but to us you're still R (Right) so that's some consolation, I hope.

And this, by the way, isn't a joke:  I bought some special lightweight Falke knickers for next year's Compostelle walk and on the legs, there IS R and L.  I think that's to stop you putting them on back to front![:D]

Well, not quite but people have been known to cut the handle of their toothbrushes in order to reduce the weight, I kid you not.

As for the cycling, well, I did go on one of Professor Lord Winston's Cycle Rides for his charity to reduce peri-natal mortality.  Miles and miles everyday for a week in Turkey, from Istanbul to Ephesus.  Since you brought up the subject...................[:P]

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

Just thinking about the old schoolboy joke about why wellies have L and R on them. No offense intended by the way. They will be producing turfed grass next with 'Green Side Up' written on it. [:'(]

[/quote]

I remember the green side up joke from school but not the L and R, honestly its not a wind up can you give me a clue?

[quote user="Chancer"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

Just thinking about the old schoolboy joke about why wellies have L and R on them. No offense intended by the way. They will be producing turfed grass next with 'Green Side Up' written on it. [:'(]

[/quote]

I remember the green side up joke from school but not the L and R, honestly its not a wind up can you give me a clue?

[/quote]

I will make it a bit more PC. Why do builders have L and R printed on their wellies..... So they don't put them on the wrong way round.

Well something like that anyway.

There is the other old one about the builder who jumped of the top of a block of flats they were building. When the forman asked the chap standing next to him what happened he said "I was telling him how my dad used to fly in Wellingtons during the war and he just jumped off."

Why did the builder keep falling over, the piece of string between his wellies was to short.

A builder took his wellies back to the shop, the owner said "whats wrong", the builder said "have you got a pair with a longer piece of string."

And so it goes on, I am suprised I remember them, they must go back to the 60's.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup definitely a mirror and leaning back one or two degrees from the vertical.

Now we know what car you drive and your registration number!

Did you say something about the UK dumbing down [;-)]

Good picture though, it could make a rather an effective guillotine for the driver and passenger.

Its a pity that you said the location I would have also enjoyed telling you where you were driving!

No worries Chancer, the old Fiat Ducato is the work bus but as discussed on the other thread (data protection) I am innocent so have nothing to hide. [:P]

The smart car (not the driver who I think you agree is far from smart) was topping 50 MPH down the A22, I considered giving the old bill a call.