UK General Election May 6th

Bugsy

Did you hear that the BNP are placing their own seals on the ballot boxes.

It does stink that the boxes will remain 'unopened' until the following day for the count as the poor dears don't like working late any more.

[quote user="Dog"]

It does stink that the boxes will remain 'unopened' until the following day for the count as the poor dears don't like working late any more.

[/quote]

You know I thought this was another of Dog's attempts to wind people up so I did a bit of a search and guess what he's right. Surely this won't be allowed, it would be tampering with the ballot box's and therefore illegal?

Apparently there is an old rule which says that political parties can put their own seals on boxes and the BNP intend to use it. They are not the only ones against the 'next day' count, even the Speaker of the House of Commons has spoken against it.

Hoddy

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

You know I thought this was another of Dog's attempts to wind people up so I did a bit of a search and guess what he's right. Surely this won't be allowed, it would be tampering with the ballot box's and therefore illegal?

[/quote]

I will ignore that sleight it is beneath contempt.