Old Photos

idun

I was wondering if there was some sort of web page where you can post a photo and ask if anyone knows who this person is. We have a photo from the late 1940's and we would really like to get in touch with the family of this person. I have done a cursory search, but nothing seems to be quite what I am looking for.

I thought about Genes Reunited too, R/H - they have a "trying to find" board, but I think you'd need a few clues - place of birth, possible surname, people they might be related to etc.  Another thought - if you know any connections they have - organisations they might have belonged to, schools they went to, job they did etc, then why not try their websites  (or some of the boards of that kind on Friends Reunited?)

Thanks, we'll have a look and see what we can do. Posting a photo is going to prove the hardest thing to do, I'm not good at that. Have stuff that I have in the camera that I can't seem to get onto my puter.

Going back to your original posting Idun.

Do you have the person's proper name ?

Was he alive in 1911 ?

If you could say yes to both those questions it would make things relatively simple.

Hoddy

I haven't got a name as yet that I can depend on. We have snippets that are not making much sense, but do have a photo with a date on it. Pity they hadn't signed the darned thing, it would have helped. Instead they put 'To xyz' and the date.

I've some helpful leads now and we'll have a chat and see how we are going to proceed.