Norman H

Gardian

Thanks a lot.I am very touched

I am recovering in a nursing home not far from the Gard, and enjoyed a coffee in a beachside café on Sunday at the Grau du Roi, with some friends who came and took me out for the afternoon.

What glorious weather we are having [:D]

[quote user="NormanH"]What glorious weather we are having [:D]
[/quote]

Yes today is superb, but in the 7 yrs that we've been here, we've not known such a Spring mix of wind, rain & heat, not necessarily at the same time.

Now .......... just remember that you're convalescing, so no ranting at any of the other inmates! [:D]

[quote user="Gardian"]

I notice that you're back Norman.

I believe that you've not been very well, but trust that you're now on the way to recovery. Apologies if this has been mentioned on another thread that I haven't noticed.

[/quote]

Dito Norman, glad to hear your OK and wish you a speedy recovery.

[quote user="NormanH"]I am recovering in a nursing home not far from the Gard, and enjoyed a coffee in a beachside café on Sunday at the Grau du Roi, with some friends who came and took me out for the afternoon.

What glorious weather we are having [/quote]

Delighted to hear you are making good progress.

Re your glorious weather, could you send a bit to us up here in Brittany; we have had enough wind and rain now ... a touch of warm sunshine would be most welcome.

Sue

Thanks everybody [:)]

I have been really impressed, even

humbled to witness the care, consideration, and devotion of the staff

looking after me, many of them so young that I wondered if they had a

driving licence.

Of course there are occasional

hiccoughs when something doesn't go quite right, but that's just what

I call a 'plumbing problem' and I was always aware of a real desire

to make things work, to care for me and make me get better.

I am glad that they are trying to make you better, my unfortunate hospital stays when I actually wasn't ill were the inverse, they seemed intent on making everyone's stay awful and making me ill, and they did, so 100% success rate there!

Norman, were your ears burning last week because I thought of you and what you would have thought about the winner of Cardiff  Singer of the World.

Of course she was beautiful and of course she could sing like an angel.  She was kinda my second choice and I would have loved to have had your thoughts.

Grrr...now 2 years to wait but Wimbledon beckons and, guess what, I am getting "useful" at boules and I wondered if you played when you were well and, if you did, whether I could beat you?

Best Wishes for your Recovery!

Unfortunately I can't get UK TV here, so have been unable to watch.

It's usually magnificent.

Like Goebels my skill at boules is non-existent .. I would probably tip over as I released the ball, and roll gently towards the cochon myself