Cricket

Russethouse

I nearly got my French work colleagues interested in cricket.

Their curiosity was piqued because I get so passionate about it.

They asked me to explain the game (Ha! do you have a few days to spare) and were really interested when I mentioned that play stops for meals

'How long is lunch?' they asked

'Normally 40 minutes' says I

'Pah! that is no good!'

and no further mention was made [:(]

England are doing rather well though aren't they [:)]

I reckon that England will want to pile it on and make (say) 650 - 700 and declare at tea.

Blue sky would be Cook's 200 and a decent few runs for Bhopara.

The Indians can't continue to bat so poorly, so they're overdue for a halfway decent score: it's got to happen sooner or later and it might be here on this wicket. Doubt that it'll save them though.

Shame he was out just short of 300. With only 2 days to go I doubt whether there was time for him to get to Sir Len's record anyway. [6]

I see that the World's Greatest Living Batsman has, allegedly, criticised Cook for slow scoring - methinks a touch of pot and kettle there.

With the umpires taking the players off every time a cloud was spotted over Scotland the declaration could not have been delayed much longer. As for taking play into day 5 the English bowlers seem determined to help out.

John

[quote user="Mr Ice-ni"]

Shame he was out just short of 300. With only 2 days to go I doubt whether there was time for him to get to Sir Len's record anyway. [6]

I see that the World's Greatest Living Batsman has, allegedly, criticised Cook for slow scoring - methinks a touch of pot and kettle there.

With the umpires taking the players off every time a cloud was spotted over Scotland the declaration could not have been delayed much longer. As for taking play into day 5 the English bowlers seem determined to help out.

John

[/quote]

Shane's brain has obviously shrunk along with his body - I blame Elizabeth Hurley [:)]

Decisive win !! I just hope when it comes to Sports Personality of the year these guys get a shout for the team award !