R.I.P. Panasonic Bread Machine

Clair

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all bonkers!

This really goes against the grain, but I am willing to rise to the occasion if the raisin justifies it, and without further adough, I can now confirm that the Panasonic will not be left to ferment at the tip, but will be given a proper send-off after a short period of rest.

As I am short of dough and have better things to do than loaf about, I'll stick the to the no flour request.

I don't feel the knead to milk this, despite the eggstraordinary interest shown here.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I'll have no brioche. Think on that! [:(]

I'll just add this:

Bananaraman is a crusty old batard. I have proof he egged you on and was the starter of this ferment.

So there.

[quote user="Clair"]You're all bonkers!

This really goes against the grain, but I am willing to rise to the occasion if the raisin justifies it, and without further adough, I can now confirm that the Panasonic will not be left to ferment at the tip, but will be given a proper send-off after a short period of rest.
As I am short of dough and have better things to do than loaf about, I'll stick the to the no flour request.
I don't feel the knead to milk this, despite the eggstraordinary interest shown here.

I'll just add this:
Bananaraman is a crusty old batard. I have proof he egged you on and was the starter of this ferment.

So there.
[/quote]

Don't you mean froment?

I'll just add this:

So there.
[/quote]

Not bad for a French stick!

I'll just add this:

So there.

[/quote]

And are you unanimous in that?

Clair, this seedy batch is trying to take a rise out of you, and it must be a petit pain. I should take their crusty comments with a pinch of salt. Do not let their french stick, prove that you are self-raising as well as a bread-winner.

Tell them to stop their campagne or they are TOAST!

Excuse me for resurrecting [+o(] this thread but does anyone know what time the, err.......internment is tomorrow as I'm sure many of us would like to take the time to quitely stand for a minute or so to reflect on the tragically short life of this breadmaker as we all advance in years.

Thank you.

[quote user="Benjamin"]Excuse me for resurrecting [+o(] this thread but does anyone know what time the, err.......internment is tomorrow as I'm sure many of us would like to take the time to quitely stand for a minute or so to reflect on the tragically short life of this breadmaker as we all advance in years.Thank you.[/quote]

Errr... Sorry? Tragically short life? [8-)]

This Panasonic survived the equivalent of 105 or so human years! That's a pretty long life... and it worked to the end when it decided to commit hara-kiri.[6]

Anyway, I chucked it over the fence at the tip this morning, eager as I was to return to my shiny new Moulinex! I had a couple of slices of nutty muesli bread for brekkie today!

Busy, busy! Loads of new recipes to test![:-))]

[quote user="Clair"]This Panasonic survived the equivalent of 105 or so human years! That's a pretty long life... and it worked to the end when it decided to commit hara-kiri.[6]

[/quote]So glad that somebody has gone to the trouble of working out the life-expectancy equivalents between humans and Panasonic bread makers.  Amazing what you can find out on the internet these days. The saints preserve us (and breadmakers both.)[:-))]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="Clair"]This Panasonic survived the equivalent of 105 or so human years! That's a pretty long life... and it worked to the end when it decided to commit hara-kiri.[6]

[/quote]So glad that somebody has gone to the trouble of working out the life-expectancy equivalents between humans and Panasonic bread makers.  Amazing what you can find out on the internet these days. The saints preserve us (and breadmakers both.)[:-))][/quote]

Don't quote me on this! I make it up as I go along! [:P]

[quote user="Clair"]Anyway, I chucked it over the fence at the tip this morning, eager as I was to return to my shiny new Moulinex! I had a couple of slices of nutty muesli bread for brekkie today!
Busy, busy! Loads of new recipes to test![:-))]
[/quote]

I'm so disappointed in you, Clair.

I never took you to be such a fickle and heartless woman [8-)]

[quote user="Clair"]Absolutely! [:)]

When I'm not posting here, I'm updating Wikipedia articles with fictitious facts and figures. Sometimes, they get quoted in newspapers by "journalists" who can't be bothered to do any research! [:D]
[/quote][:D]

But reading Wikipedia is research.[:)]

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Clair"]Anyway, I chucked it over the fence at the tip this morning, eager as I was to return to my shiny new Moulinex! I had a couple of slices of nutty muesli bread for brekkie today! Busy, busy! Loads of new recipes to test![:-))][/quote]I'm so disappointed in you, Clair. I never took you to be such a fickle and heartless woman [8-)][/quote]

Ouch! That nearly hurt!

I did keep the Panasonic recipe booklet... Does that count as a belated tribute? [:P]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, 42 replies and nearly 1000 views. Not bad for a dead breakmaker.[/quote]

Dead since 2001 perhaps.[:P]

Since the closure of Moulinex "en faillite" I have always been cautious in buying their products.

Presumably the name persists still with production under SEB facilities.

http://www.google.fr/search?q=Moulinex+faillite&rls=com.microsoft:fr:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7MEDA&redir_esc=&ei=Q5gWT7TTBczMswa-6uxJ

[quote user="woolybanana"]Does it make eClairs?[/quote]

You need choux pastry for eclairs, Bananaraman, not dough... I have made them, dead easy! I'll give you a quick demo if you're ever around [:P]

[quote user="Keni"]The oldest are the best. So fer-menting this thread, our thoughts are with the family.[:(]

Our breadmaker, £13.99 at Cu++ys. Makes jam, and even bread when asked (not tried brioche).[/quote]

No Family left, Keni, though The Magimix and KitchenAid came out of mourning today[:)].

The Moulinex fits perfectly (with room to spare), in the space where the Panasonic used to reside.

Looking forward to testing the jam-making! I might even sacrifice some of my 2012 blueberry crop for it!

PS: I posted a basic brioche recipe for bread-maker on pg 1...

[quote user="woolybanana"]Does it make eClairs? If so, would it make our Clair into a better, more caring citizen, rather than this heartless throw it away monster she has become?[/quote]

Now, there's a thought, eClairs [:D]

Entirely non-fattening and you could eat them whilst reading your eBooks [:P]