Transferwise account number

sueyh

I have declared my Currency Fair account, putting "autres" when it asks what kind of account.  I used the number that is for Barclays as that is CF's clearing bank.

Just thought I'd give them absolutely everything so that I could forget about the damn déclaration for another year.

The downside of not declaring could be expensive.

Declare it in some way (e.g. just your name in the account details if you don't have any other identifier) and you shouldn't need to worry about it any more.

OTOH, when there was some fluctuation in the exchange rate, I used to keep a few thousand in my account ready to exchange when the rate is better (not that I have ever guessed when that might be)

There must be a clearing bank for Transferwise because they would have to use a bank in order to change your funds?

It won't do any harm to put it on the 3916.  Even with money lodged with them I wouldn't see it as a bank account as you are not getting interest on the money.

It was just a point of view.[:)]

Wish I had a few thousand.[:(]

Well Weegie, you can equally say that there are no bank deposit accounts that pays you interest?  If inflation is taken into account, aren't we all paying the banks to hang on to and get control of our hard-earned?[:P]