Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

pomme's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)

  • First Post Rare
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later Rare

Recent Badges



  1. It is probable the travelling to UK testing requirements will be changed to a cheaper lateral flow test rather than a PCR test sometime in late October https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58838682
  2. Having not heard any more about my application, I logged on to the web site today and discovered the application of 24 Sept had been accepted.
  3. Dwain: There are the 1750 to 1815 Cassini maps of France (https://www.davidrumsey.com/xmaps10000.html or search for Cassini on https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte There is a comprehensive place name index for the maps http://cassini.ehess.fr/fr/html/6_index.htm I'm not at all sure your transcription of the place as Moitirou is necessarily correct. Looking at the place name in your record 1 there is no dot over the "i" whereas there is in his name and the "t" isn't crossed. In record 2 the "m" isn't capitalised. The problem is errors are often just copied through genealogy records as facts rather than being checked. Perhaps a lot of checking of other possible transcriptions in the Cassini place name index might be successful?
  4. Mid-afternoon today I applied using my carte gris. I made an error on the form and gave the wrong Euro Class. A couple of hours later I received an e-mail telling me I'd made an error in the Euro Class (they'd only know that from the carte gris information) and gave a link to resubmit data and the documentation. I did that but it was then after 5 pm UK time so didn't expect a further reply until Monday. But there was no objection to the carte gris as the justification document.
  5. As far as I can see, all you need to do is to register your foreign car and then provide a copy of the main page of the carte gris. As an international standard document, that should have all the information they need, car owner (section C), car manufacturer and model (D), registration date (B), weight (G), fuel type (P.3). It might have been better if they had given examples of the type of acceptable document! And then you need to wait for confirmation. I've just applied. That was all I needed to do when I applied for the similar German Umweltplakette environmental sticker. Easier for the French Crit'Air sticker as they can access the registration database. see also https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/cars
  6. Where is active topics? Typeface too small If you do a search the hits are in grey on a different grey background and do not stand out Why do I want stars and badges unless I get paid when I reach a target? All very confusing on a smart phone. It would be much better if it was more like other forums I use. I see I am a Newbie as I've made one post on the new forum
  7. This is from the British Embassy Voisins Voices: https://tinyurl.com/yfcvk72r In France, British Government funded organisations can help UK nationals secure their residency rights. They provide practical support to individuals finding it harder to complete applications, including pensioners, disabled people, those living in remote areas or who have mobility difficulties, and those who face language barriers or barriers in accessing technology. IOM - The International Organisation for Migration (Brittany, Normandy, Ile de France, Hauts-de-France, and Pays de la Loire) Visit the IOM website Email: [email protected] Hotline: 08 09 54 98 32 FBN - The Franco-British Network (Dordogne, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes) Visit the FBN website Email: The Franco-British Network Hotline: 05 19 88 01 09 Church of England - Diocese in Europe (Nouvelle Aquitaine, Occitanie, Grand Est, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Centre-Val de Loire, Corsica) Visit the Diocese in Europe Residency Support Project website Hotline: 05 32 80 00 05
  8. Lidl have extract and pods on offer several times a year at sensible prices You can get a notification of when https://www.bonial.fr/Lidl/Produits/Arome-Vanille
  9. Yes. https://cakedecorist.com/can-you-freeze-buttercream-covered-cakes/
  10. If you mean E10 petrol see this European Automobile Manufacturers Association compatibility list https://www.acea.auto/files/ACEA_E10_compatibility.pdf
  11. Without seeing your declaration it is difficult to give advice. Did you mark boxes 8SH/8SI - Affiliation régime sécurité sociale dans l'EEE ou en Suisse? see https://bh-assurances.fr/social-charges-how-to-claim-it-back-again/ for an old draft de Ruyter letter which could be adapted.
  12. Norman wrote: I tried to order a small folding version of my mobility scooter so it could go in the boot of a friend's car if we went out for the day. Despite it being on Amazon.fr when I was about to pay it flashed up that it couldn't be delivered to a French address! Not that impressed with Amazon after that. That sounds as though it was another company using the Amazon Marketplace rather than Amazon FR being responsible for supply and delivery.
  13. Book Depository are owned by Amazon. I think somehow they know all about taxes and import duties worldwide. I suspect the problem will be with UPS thinking it is UK goods without any customs declaration so they are assuming something is still due. From my limited experience of Amazon UK purchases this year, Amazon bulk ship, usually to Belgium or the Netherlands as the first delivery point with all taxes/duties paid. The bulk is then broken down into individual items and the individual items sent on from there as EU-originated goods, so no need for contents labels, etc.
  14. I think UPS are wrong. You should contact Book Depository From their web site https://www.bookdepository.com/help/topic/HelpId/3/Which-countries-do-you-deliver-to#helpContent Will I have to pay any extra fees to get my order in the EU? The prices on our website and what you pay at checkout is the final price. You will not have to pay any additional charges or fees at delivery.
  15. pomme

    S1 form

    Here are several useful paragraphs and links on UK-funded healthcare: using an S1 form in France https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-in-france-including-martinique-and-guadaloupe#s1 You will receive two copies of the S1 from the UK. You give one to CPAM and keep the other. CPAM will contact the UK to confirm they have registered your S1. You will then be able to apply for a UK-issued EHIC
  • Create New...