I don't understand anymore.

Théière

[quote user="Rabbie"]

The problem with the NHS is that the government are trying to provide a gold star service with inadequate funding where it is really needed. [/quote]

But, surely, that is the same in France? The funding is inadequate, anyway. Some would argue the service IS better, but effectively that's because they get a gold star service regardless of cost or necessity.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quote user="Rabbie"]

The problem with the NHS is that the government are trying to provide a gold star service with inadequate funding where it is really needed. [/quote] But, surely, that is the same in France? The funding is inadequate, anyway. Some would argue the service IS better, but effectively that's because they get a gold star service regardless of cost or necessity.[/quote]I am sure you are correct there. I did not presume to give an opinion on the french system as I have not had any dealings with it.

I know that many NHS staff are frustrated by understaffing preventing them from providing the care they would wish to be able to do.

Thanks Betty and Théière.

I think I said earlier on that it is also in part a 'pistcode lottey' (I meant to say post but I think I might leave it like that [;-)]) which in any country it shouldn't be of course.

I have no idea why your OH was given back the way he was and I would be a bit upset if they handed Mrs Q back that way whatever the country or hospital. It is very distressing for both parties.

I also think, as we have all discovered in the past covering a wide spectrum of subjects that things vary from one part of France to another depending on how something is interpreted when created at national level and fed down the 'food chain' as it were to local level. Bit like the old, old drawing about what the client wanted, what the designer thought they wanted, what the engineer thought the designer wanted made and what the client got which was something quite different to what they wanted.

What they said to me seemed quite logical at the time but as you say not the best time to discuss it.