Sainsburys: Can I order from France for delivery in the UK

NormanH

I would like to send a delivery of food from the Sainsburys web site to my son in  the UK, but I am not sure if it is possible.
It would be paid for with my French card which obviously has a different addess to  the delivery one.

In addition I wondered if Brexit has complicated this.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Norman, I think that you won’t be able to do that for the reason you mention, don’t know if brexit has complicated things or not. I also know that a lot of people can’t find delivery slots for supermarkets.

You could try Deliveroo, which has apparently spread its wings wider than just delivering from garages that have small shops belonging to the supermarkets.

I understand that some Co-op branches send deliveries via Deliveroo and by now others may do so too. It might be worth checking. Good luck!

Hi ANOB, we have honey still for tea as well as for bread-making, porridge etc but I somehow forgot to order cabbage, apples and pears to our weekly delivery order!p, which arrived yesterday!

Very luckily, we’ve just had a phone call to pop down the garden as our son and family, who live just round the corner but who we no longer see for coffee in their garden as it’s not allowed now and a bit chilly to sit outside, were on a walk through the woods at the bottom of our garden.

Oh, self-hugging is nowhere near as good as real hugs, but what a wonderful surprise! Anyway, all missing items will now be added on to our son and DIL’s weekly delivery order.

Sorry if I went off topic, I was reading this thread when the call came - such excitement!

[quote user="anotherbanana"]If it is a credit card, Norman, then it should be international.

Do your son and his family need food parcels that badly? Surely there is still honey for tea.?[/quote]

Don't know anything about UK accepting all international credit cards. I do know that not all French companies accept UK credit cards. One company comes to mind, Zalando.fr. I ordered a couple of things last week and had to use our carte bleue.