Covid: what next

anotherbanana

Well, I’ve had me two jabs so should be building up a good load of nice antibodies in me system.

But what can I do? Rugger all is the answer. We are shut down again, I cant go to UK without being tested up the wazoo and being obliged to stay in some grotty hotel guarded by retards, fed muck and at risk of being infected.

The French are behaving as if nothing happened with multitudes of family gathering whilst in Paris THEY hold champagne dinners behind closed doors.

What next? No holidays allowed, this is a red zone, apparently, they are shipping cases out of the hospitals in Lille to heaven knows where.

Cant even go to the restaurant.

And worst of all the weather is so cold I cant even garden, struggling to protect seedlings with plastic sheets and socks for each one.?

And the telly is rubbish.

Ahhhhhhh!

Indeed WB.

However, I refuse to be excessively pessimistic over all this. Nobody knows exactly the way things are going to go, but I prefer to take a hopefully realistic view.

Things will improve here in France - the level of vaccination will gradually rev up (not fast enough, we know, but .....) and from the UK’s example, that will lead to a rapidly reducing infection level. There are much publicised examples of anti- rules behaviour in every country, but I suspect that this is a small minority of the population wherever it occurs and accordingly of no real relevance however undesirable.

I think that we have to look at things in 2 month ‘tranches’, in other words, where might we all be at the end of May? I’m ignoring all the dates that the politicians have been putting out. Frankly, I’ve lost track of them all.

Things could well have changed quite a bit in 2 months - let’s all hope so.

BTW, I’ll own up to more than a bit of ‘fence-sitting’ in the above.

You did make me smile wooly about it being brass monkey weather.

Straight from the Arctic, down the North Sea, we had it and it looked like it was going to hit northern France too.

Went for a walk today in clothes as warm as I have worn all winter and it was b loody freezing. We had ice formed on the bird's water dish this morning and snow flurries this afternoon.

Not that I have not seen snow at Easter, I do remember it here in England, but never in the Alpes, at least not down in the valley where I lived.

What to do, well, that is going to be the big problem in France until they actually get folks vaccinated. I know someone who has just returned to the UK from their second home and it has been a bit of a debacle with regards to the testing etc.......... and yet as I pointed out, we are still doing so well with it.

What I am looking forward to is going out to eat, or a coffee or a lovely lovely afternoon tea somewhere really nice. And for all I am not keen on shopping, I rather think I would like to have a wander round the shops.

Patience is going to be the key. We will just have to be patient.

Well, I’ve had me two jabs so should be building up a good load of nice antibodies in me system.

But what can I do? Rugger all is the answer. We are shut down again, I cant go to UK without being tested up the wazoo and being obliged to stay in some grotty hotel guarded by retards, fed muck and at risk of being infected.

The French are behaving as if nothing happened with multitudes of family gathering whilst in Paris THEY hold champagne dinners behind closed doors.

What next? No holidays allowed, this is a red zone, apparently, they are shipping cases out of the hospitals in Lille to heaven knows where.

Cant even go to the restaurant.

And worst of all the weather is so cold I cant even garden, struggling to protect seedlings with plastic sheets and socks for each one.?

And the telly is rubbish.

Yes, but other than that what is wrong!!!!!!!!!