Number of posts

Tim

Looking at a few recent posts where I have made a contribution it would seem that I am stuck on the number 310. I've got no way of knowing whether this number is right or wrong, it just seems to be stuck. When you guys get a minute could you take a quick look, or else please explain something I have missed.

Thanks - Tim

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Your post total is altered as you post, so now you are on 311, if you reply you will be on 312 etc, this number alters on all your posts, past ones included.......so if you go back to an earlier post now you see your current post total.

Clear as mud ? [:)]

[/quote]

Well, thank you - I think. I can see that I've gone up to 311, but I'm still not sure how this works. I've recently answered a couple of posts on the satellite and telephone thread. Both threads were numbered 310 - hence my post on here about being stuck. Now when I look, both my replies on the satellite thread now say 311. It's not important, I know, it's curiosity more than anything maybe with the Top 500 posts - I'm wondering if I'll ever make it stuck in the 300s.

Tim

[quote user="Timco"][quote user="Russethouse"]

Your post total is altered as you post, so now you are on 311, if you reply you will be on 312 etc, this number alters on all your posts, past ones included.......so if you go back to an earlier post now you see your current post total.

Clear as mud ? [:)]

[/quote]

Well, thank you - I think. I can see that I've gone up to 311, but I'm still not sure how this works. [/quote]

Each time you post, the number of posts mentioned under your name (on each and every post) goes up by 1, because you've made 1 more post.

You'll be asking about the coloured balls next.[:D]

AAHHH!! - I think I must have just engaged feeble brain cell. Silly me - it all  becomes clear to me now. Sounds like a good name for a song. Thanks to all. I'll go away now and leave you all in peace.

Tim