Annual Car Torching Event

Ah, now for real car torching expertise, Epsom in Surrey took a lot of beating up till a short while ago. It was not uncommon to encounter three or four charred and smouldering heaps within a half mile radius of chez nous, every Sunday morning. Local journalists had two competing theories: the responsibility lay with either the well-off or the pissed-off, as neither show any concern or control over the activities of their kids, (see Dick Smith's postings  elsewhere about chavs and chavery in Croydon).

It's possible car torching may answer a deep psychological need - a desire for ritual sacrifice. The theory may have its flaws, particularly bearing in mind the cars they burn probably always belong to someone else. Maybe the reduction in the incidence of torching is a sign of decreasing spirituality

Miki, for what Youngs stuff has Dick declared his partiaity? Looks like I might have missed some juicy revalations during the holiday period. And Dick, I'm asking Miki because it would be unseemly to seek further potentially embarrasing admissions from someone who's hallmark has for long been sobriety!

Piprob,

I dare not say, it has been said in private messages only but I will say only this; if it was Fullers it would be ESB but I am  told that Youngs had a special Christmas tipple that Dick was thinking about trying (herumphhh) allegedly. Whether or not he was tempted, well,... over to Mr Smith !

edit.

Whoops been on the phone and in the meantime Dick had posted.

No Dick, never went too close to a Youngs pub, had a couple of winter warmers in a Fullers house though. Sounds tempting to try it in Feb though, will it be off by then ?

Probably - I think they only do two brews a year. Don't confuse it with the Christmas Ale (of which there is quite rightly a lot surplus). Youngs now do a takeout pack - any 4 pint bottled beers for a fiver. Not a bad deal for the UK.

No Fullers pubs near here now, but you can get Pride in Wetherspoons.

Piprob - where did you get the idea of my sobriety from?

In the pub we often use, we get guest beers from all over the country.  Xmas Pud went down very well, only a half for me as I was driving later and so had to hit the soft and very expensive soft drinks.

The previous time we were back I had some beer that I'm sure was called Dog's ********. Some beers have weird and wonderful names and I sincerely hope that the actually ingrediants are not reflected in their names.

Ofcourse is Xmas Pud, Christmas Pud? I don't know.

I didn't xxxxxxx that, apparently we can't use proper names, for dog's dangly bits, starting with a 'b'.

TU,as a fully trained up qualified draughtsman,I have put more beer than anyone could ever drink down beer cellars(sad but true)but for the life of me can not remember one good glass of fermented grape juice one thing even you can not fault the french for,yeap the old days were the old days.

Are you quite sure it wasn't Dogbolter?

I've got around 12 weeks of opportunity left to march into my local and ask the publican if he has Dogs B****cks. This is a question I would not normally risk, but if I leave it 'till a moment before closing time, and provided I'm wearing my fastest 'trainers', there is just a slim chance I'll make it home before he kills me. And if he comes back the next day - in theory I'll be gone.

But don't hold your breath Outcast. It'll never happen.I didn't survive life's vicissitudes this long without getting my Masters in Advanced Cowardice.