Snow

Teamedup

So far so good, predicted snow and 100kmh winds didn't arrive.   Cold breezy blue-skied afternoon, and now the sky is so clear that I can see my daughter's star (Alnilam, middle one of Orion's belt), and on the huge full moon I can see the American flag not-waving in the non-atmosphere.

Long may it last.

Well the snow arrived about 17.30 last night and within an hour had created enough mayhem to stop our neighbour getting his car up his drive! our 2 girls promtly found out their ski clothes and went sledging and snow man building with the few kids whose parents would let them out! They were playing near the school and the teacher told them that if it was still like that in the morning then the school wouldn`t open, there couldn`t have been more than 2" of the white stuff

We have 3 school busses that pass our house in the morning ,none of them arrived. Thought that seeing as we were up we would get the girls up and dressed and decided that we should show willing and see if the school was open(it is about 200 yards from our house) so Mr o walked them round . School is open , though he said not many were there.

Whats it like in your neck of the woods?

Brrr!  Heating on for first time today from morning (usually only need it in evening).  No more snow but yesterdays still here and more forecast.

Ladrabor says " Whoopppeee, let me get at it and get as wet and cold as I can then I can come and jump on the new sofa to dry off"

Delicate mongrel says" Brr - too cold - I'll just tip toe and do a quick pee then back into the warm as Mum has kindly put the heating on for me"

Bloody animals!

Yes we have lots of the lovely white stuff up here in the Corbieres. 

I can say that because I am tucked up, snug and warm covered in cats as I try and write this.  Of course it had to come yesterday, I have not been out for days and last night there was a meeting in the village which I had agreed to go to, by that time we had a blizzard, so Mr Washy had to drive us all there and ferry us home, and by 10pm there was about 15cm of crunchy, powdery snow.

My washing machine also blew up after a surge in power, anyone know of a repair man up here in the hills??

I am off to make some vin chaude just to recreate the ski resort atmosphere completely.

"My washing machine also blew up after a surge in power, anyone know of a repair man up here in the hills??"

Not a bloody Dyson was it?  Still waiting for Dyson France to get back to me.  Thankfully they do actually sell them here now so there is a vague chance they might send someone to fix it!  Hope so, it cost enough! (But a lot less than if I'd bought it here in France!)

Now draped in dogs (rather than cats, Washy!) - both warm, clean and snuggly I'm pleased to say and a pan of homemade leek and tattie soup is simmering away on the Rayburn - yummy!

More of the white stuff forecast and the temperature due to plummet!  Time for a feel good movie I think and a cup of hot chocolate - any suggestions? 

5 Feelgood Movies

Oceans 11 (not 12, and definately not the original rat pack version).

It's a Wonderful Life

The Shawshank Redemption (but you have to feel bad, before you feel good)

Jerry McGuire.

Some Like it Hot

All suggestions gratefully received by me too. I feel a DVD buying spree coming on. Snow not here yet, west of Cognac.

I couldn't get to work this morning.  Lots and lots of snow here, just south of Lisieux in Calvados (14).  I was bemused to see on the Météo this morning that there were orange weather warnings for Normandy - and Corsica!! 

I've just been out on a hour long hike with my spaniels, and then had to put them in a bath of tepid water to melt the ice balls off their chests and legs - they looked as though they were wearing legwarmers!

They're now snugggled up together in their bed in front of the fire...  and vin chaud sounds a fabulous idea.  Much better than a cup of tea  !

[quote]5 Feelgood Movies Oceans 11 (not 12, and definately not the original rat pack version). It's a Wonderful Life The Shawshank Redemption (but you have to feel bad, before you feel good) Jerry McGuir...[/quote]

Got 3 out of the 5 you suggested but finally opted for "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything! Julie Newmar".  The sight of Wesley Snipes and Patrick Swayze dressed up as females is enough to make ANYONE smile! Not sure you can get it on DVD though.  I resorted to video in desperation!

[quote]Hello Washy and Maddogwoman. How do you get your dog and cat skins to drape around you. Do you hunt or trap the poor creatures. Do you cure the skins yourself. It might be a good idea to publish a pi...[/quote]

Albi (John)

Best achieved with dogs/cats still wearing their own skins!  Warmer too!  Give it a try - you may like it and your dogs would almost certainly like it better!  Would post a photo but Mr MDW is not here to hold the camera and I'm pinned down by large labrador draped over legs! 

Nicola