Rose coloured specs.

Alfa

Ray - your last posting is the way I think/feel, especially failure is as much a part of life as success. Also most people, children and adults, if you tell them they can't do something makes them all the more determined to do it and prove you wrong. In fact the opposite works better - if someone comes up with an idea and you say "great idea!" more often than not they think, must be something wrong with it then. Pat.

Ray, such an american point of view. It may seem acceptable to you for people to not have health care. It does not to me. It feels completely wrong. It always felt wrong that France didn't cover all it's citizens and I rejoiced when they started to. If nothing else this family Deby knows should get that sorted out.

And when things go wrong, would these people scream blue murder saying that no one told them, even when they had been told.

I find nothing endearing about people who act like this.

[quote]Ray, such an american point of view. It may seem acceptable to you for people to not have health care. It does not to me. It feels completely wrong. It always felt wrong that France didn't cover all i...[/quote]

**Ray, such an american point of view.**

Well, shame on me! It is still none of my business and if you care to make it yours, that is your affair.

I think, TU, that I agree with you, that I find it difficult to stand by and watch a fellow in trouble and simply shrug it off as their fault or, even worse, their bad luck. A morally bankrupt attitude, in my humble opinion. Certainly not one endorsed by the Christian or Islamic faiths...

Send not for whom the bell tolls, Ray.

" I would love to be around when the bubble bursts"

How really cruel that would be if you would get a kick out of seeing people in misery and suffering! Would you pass the little Robin Redbreast hopping around the pavement with a broken wing? Would you not pick up the injured Pug left for dead by the crazed woman driver doped up on heron and a head full of micro waves from her mobile phone?

All that matters is that if the person is happy in the belief that everything in the French garden is Rosey (I love roses and quality street) then that is surely all that matters?  It's all phsycadelic and in the mind, It's a bit like that placido effect from taking sugar coated sweets in the belief it is medication that will cure your imaginary illness.

I love me little house in Normandie, it is so tranquil and away from it all, but like fluffy old Dick, I would go a bit queer if there all the time! You need to come back to all the filth and squaller, druggies and muggers, vandals, Jehovas Witnesses, murderers, thieves and Coronation Street here in Wyre Piddle, After about a month in Normandie, I miss all that! And it really makes you appreciate what you have in your little bolt hole!

Like they say in County Clare "too much pudding will give you the scutters"

[quote]I think, TU, that I agree with you, that I find it difficult to stand by and watch a fellow in trouble and simply shrug it off as their fault or, even worse, their bad luck. A morally bankrupt attitud...[/quote]

** I find it difficult to stand by and watch a fellow in trouble and simply shrug it off as their fault or, even worse, their bad luck. A morally bankrupt attitude, in my humble opinion. Certainly not one endorsed by the Christian or Islamic faiths...**

Absolutely correct. Now then, if you would like to show me where you think that that applies to me as you have infered, I would be glad to discuss it with you.

Two things entered my mind . . . . 'Creative Reading' on your part and a quote I heard yesterday . . . . 'Nothing in this world is too small to be blown out of proportion.'

" I would love to be around when the bubble bursts"

How really cruel that would be if you would get a kick out of seeing people in misery and suffering!

I think I was using a figure of speech really - and smarting a bit too, but no, I would not sit back and gloat at all and certainly would be there to help and I never get a kick out of people suffering.

Deby

[quote]" I would love to be around when the bubble bursts" How really cruel that would be if you would get a kick out of seeing people in misery and suffering! I think I was using a figure of speech rea...[/quote]

**I think I was using a figure of speech really - and smarting a bit too, but no, I would not sit back and gloat at all and certainly would be there to help and I never get a kick out of people suffering.**

Of course, you wouldn't. Nor did I think you would. Another example of 'proporation', perhaps?