London attacks

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavvy,

You certainly are missing something. You have missed the most important point, that you were the one who originally made a post criticising, obviously making you ahead in the posts on this but you appear not to have the savvy or is it lavvy, bit confusing that, to realise that basic point. Here we have a person with a French degree asking us poor sods questions on her subject, goodness and you are tired, it is tiring for me to hear of all the wonderful newbies that come here boasting degrees but knowing absolutely sod all about the country itself...some degree that is ! Fete tonight, time for a pastis and some sensible garbel wiv a nayber or two, then again on Saturday, I hope to get the last mot in tonight but cannot guarantee it wiv Madeleine boasting of the new red tint she has had in her barnet and supposedly back in fashion in these parts, bet they didn't teach about that wiv yer degree ... !

Give it a break now and lets start it again after les vacances, werry Fwench...............

Double yawn @ Miki.

More insults. More sarcasm. Does he ever stop?

P.S.

A language degree is just that. It enables one to speak the language but doesnt make one an expert in all things French.

Enjoy the fete - given the 2,200 odd posts of yours you definitely need to be getting out more.

Miki - best left now, I couldn't get Lavvie to see what I thought was a simple point either.

To get back to the topic.

Were you in a place that stopped for 2 minutes today, and have you been watching (or at) the vigil in Trafalgar Square?

Also - look at www.wearenotafraid.com

Apologies.

However, it's nothing to do with money (I really don't know where you got that idea from) - it is people from all over the world logging pictures and messages in support of London at this time.

So have a look (unless you are paranoid, of course, and want to troll up the 'money going to the wrong place' brainless argument again).

[quote]Apologies.However, it's nothing to do with money (I really don't know where you got that idea from) - it is people from all over the world logging pictures and messages in support of London at this ti...[/quote]

Before you resort to further insults, the website has a link which is SELLING items to raise money SOME OF WHICH is going to the Red Cross. So less of the "brainless" and "paranoid" please.

"We're not afraid tshirts and bags sold here. Some of the profits earned from the sale of this merchandise will be allocated to server costs. The rest will be donated to the Red Cross London Bomb Relief Fund."

I'd prefer ALL my donation to go to the Red Cross and not have a % go to unspecified server costs.

[quote]Miki - best left now, I couldn't get Lavvie to see what I thought was a simple point either.To get back to the topic.Were you in a place that stopped for 2 minutes today, and have you been watching (o...[/quote]

Dick,

Tell you the truth I have been watching the Open golf on and off for a fair bit of the day (once the work was done of course)as it is so hot outside at the moment and supposedly getting hotter over the weekend. Anyway we certainly did have 2 minutes silence here as the Open stopped for their 2 minutes, so did we.

Right off in a few minutes to the fete and taking all me postings wiv me, they will enjoy a night out, they do so need to get a life don't they and by the way, the kids here need to know quite a bit about their country before they pass their French Bac, seems like your degree is just about rabbiting then, now how topical is that then

It is flattering to have a stalker but it does get so very tiring......ZZZzzzzzz

Lavvy, again you miss the point big time.

They have to pay to maintain the site, so they are selling t-shirts. What is left over goes to the Red Cross.

Why do you immediately assume they are ripping you off - that is paranoid. Why do you raise the 'the money never gets there' argument - that is brainless. A petty response to a worthwile effort. Always belittle the people who get off their *rses and do something. Nice.

More open minded forum members will probably find the site quite moving - I'm not really surprised that you didn't - did you look at any of the pictures or just get back on the forum to rubbish it as soon as possible? Presumaby because I recommended it and you wanted to get a dig in.

[quote]"seems like your degree is just about rabbiting then, now how topical is that then" Highly topical i would say. Living/working etc in France makes speaking french very important in my view. Or are yo...[/quote]

Oh dear, "rabbiting being topical" was in relation to you rabbiting on here as well.

I think I might know a bit about working and talking in France, just a bit, well only since around 1967, so not too long eh..............Still seems a bit daft just learning to rabbit but having no idea about the country etc. To me that is rather like a mechanic being shown pictures of a car for 3 years and still having no idea how to find the engine !

Thought the site very moving and a very good gesture. I wonder if Sir Bob and people like this chap will finally get sick of all the knockers and walk away from it all ?

When are you lot going to stop arguing?

This is worse than a primary school playground!!

On the last post - Just cos someone says they would rather donate directly hardly means they are rubishing an idea. There are so many scams out and about it surely pays to be a little cautious.

I'm going back to lurking before you all start on me!

"Presumaby because I recommended it and you wanted to get a dig in."

Where on earth did that come from? Do i have a history of digging at you?

Definite paranoia!

I wasn't rubbishing the site - just pointing out where the money goes. When i donate i want to know it all goes to the cause i'm donating to. Simple. If there are costs involved i would like them to be specified. If that doesn't bother you then fine, i have no issue with that.

Hi Albi - i was just wondering why the two had 'ganged up'. Mucky said in one post he had a stalker but i'm beginning to think Ducky is actually his admirer.

"Oh dear, "rabbiting being topical" was in relation to you rabbiting on here as well."

The person with nearly 2,300 posts accuses me with 66 of rabbiting - Thats hilarious!!!!

You've been in France longer than i've been on this earth...and i always thought wisdom and maturity came with years.

Oh for gdos sake Lavie. One of the things I think is good about this site is that people do not go on about how many posts someone has made, look how many you have made time, surprised? it's easy to notch up posts, and manymany many of Miki's () have been just pure fact and advice, personally I enjoy the opinion more, but thats because I have only ever asked one question here, for a friend.

There are loads of people here, it would be a miracle if we all agreed with eachother. If Miki's posts are sometimes (but I defy you to say again always) tinged with sarcasm that is because that is a great British tradition, we all recognise it, *i love it, you seem to have pounced on it. I have never said this before but there are some things that Miki, Teamed Up, have said here that I read beforeore ever registering, and I have acted on their advice, and I have no doubt whatsoever that I have benefitted from it.

Sorry, I can't remmber who said this

The press TV and by their actions, the Police are pointing the finger at the Asians. At the risk of repeating myself, normally the name creed and colour of an alleged criminal is not normally given to us the public.

But i can remember SB's comments and i agree, It is perfectly normal for the police to desribe criminals by their 'colour', the inclusion of a religion is pretty new, granted, but I doubt anyone was in doubt about what the attacks were about (in the minds of the perpetrators) and it is clear that communities are now fragmenting on religious grounds rather than simply colour (obvious 'otherness')

The only 'sector' of the community to blame is the people who did the evil deed, and others, who it is suspected are outside the UK 'community', the police have been incredibly responsible about not apportioning blame, and to a certain extent the press too. One thing that amazed me was that all the plans for a press strategy which advocated non 'revenge' attacks against certain groups drawn up in the case of  an attack by foreign born bombers seemed to come unstuck, as though no one had considered the possibility of British born bombers (any American knows that is a misguided dream after Timoth McVeigh).

I love that site, 'we are not afraid', I was told about it when there were about 50 pictures on it, there are more than 3,000 now. This is the miracle of the internet, people from all over the world communicating with images and a very simple message, i love it.

Albi, of course, is the person who recently referred to a private email I was sent advising me to stab myself through the eyes until I died. How did he know about that? The email in question was sent by a poster called Dunrunnin, who was banned, but may well have had several identities, of course. Not paranoid, Albi, just worried by psychopaths.

Interesting that we 'apear' to be a 'sactor' because guess who couldn't spell either?

oh dear posts crossing in cyberspace here.

Lavie, OK, I accept that you didn't say 'always', but still, Miki has posted endless good advice here, more than the number of posts indicates, and he has been here long enough not to have to ask for any himself. That makes him a 'giver' in my eyes.

Sometimes i wonder if i will ever be able to be the one who endlessly answers simple questions when people like Miki drop out (not that I want him to, because it's his often passionately argued opinions I am more interested in).

We'll see.

Glenn said:

When are you lot going to stop arguing?
This is worse than a primary school playground!!.;.................

I'm going back to lurking before you all start on me!

Oh Glenn, the only answer to that is

Cowardy Cowardy Custard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't heard, at least 6 bombs have gone off in central London this morning, on the tube and buses. Please check the news for the latest information

Can I just remind people that this is the first post on this thread.

Its about an attack in London were many people died and many hundreds of people were injured.

Miki, Lavie, Dick could you not give this thread back its dignity and conduct your petty squabbles somewhere else.

regards colin

This has been going on for too long and, to be frank, i've had enough of it.

You can both find someone else to insult/be sarcastic to when you disagree with a comment that they have made.

Thank you to those of you who PM'd me about this - much appreciated.

Perhaps we can revert back to the original topic of this thread.

Nelson - Our messages crossed in cyberspace! I quite agree with you and tried taking this 'issue' private on more than one occasion. I shan't be posting in this thread again, so hopefully that will be the end of the matter.