Abdominal Messages

I noticed all of a sudden, a terrible large infusion of "I hate France" postings appearing on the forum lately! I was wondering if there is some sinister reason for this? Is there some kind of hidden physical mind play at work? I am even beginning to get fed up with France meself, and I love it there! So these messages are generating a certain vibe that once it gets into your physique, it really can make you think you no longer like France! It's all very quare indeed.

I know it's not the same after you realise the dream of getting something you dreamed of getting, what do you dream about then? What will I dream about after I get my Giraffe? I don't know, as nothing can top that for me!

So to put it metabollicaly, we all want a Giraffe, but when we get it, and we have played with it for a while, we chuck it back in the box and want to go and play with something else!

There is something in what FK says.  There was a Frenchman who had a passion for houses and doing them up.  But he said that once it was finished, it didn't interest him any more, so he sold it and went on to another project...  It's not what we have that interests us, but the project of something else  

Like those funny people who have the urge to climb up mountains, once they have struggled up to the top under the worst conditions, what do they do - go and find another one to climb.

Not much good me looking for a giraffe then...

There was a Frenchman who had a passion for houses and doing them up.  But he said that once it was finished, it didn't interest him any more, so he sold it and went on to another project...  It's not what we have that interests us, but the project of something else  

I know an English woman who feels exactly the same way about doing up houses.  She must have bought, done up and then sold five times in the last ten years.  I think I would understand it more if she were doing it purely for financial gain but that hasn't always been the case.  And it's not even as if she's just a very talented decorator (which she is) who enjoys spending her husband's money.  It's worse.  She's simply never satisfied with her surroundings.  She never lives anywhere, relaxes, makes a house her home.  Like the Frenchman it's just a project, something to do, something to fill her time with.  After three place in the UK, she did the French bit three years ago before moving on recently to southern Spain.  Interesting to note she lost her lovely husband en route.  Sick of the smell of paint and sight of fabric swatches, I suppose.

M

Perhaps any negativity is due to what is happening in the world these days.  I think all the news can have a deep affect on people.  Even if you don't watch too much news or listen too much to the radio.  We all know what is going on and a lot of it is depressing.

I love France, but recognize that no place is perfect - although this might be as close as I will ever get.  I will often post something frustrating as I can almost always find a good solution here.  I sure hope they weren't viewed as negative.

I often see odd postings (at least odd to me), but there are all kinds of people out there and often they pop in here too.

Also, this time of year with the heavy tourist population, the drought, the water restrictions, etc. it can be a stressful time of year.  Usually calms down in September.

Dear fur,  when you eventually get your giraffe could I possibly have the box it comes in.

For some time I have wondered what it was about my old favourite pub that was so special and it suddenly came to me after reading your posts.  The snug used to have this wonderful aroma of wild animals about it, perhaps a passing giraffe popped in for a quick one or one of those reverse pikes or whatever it was you talked about (don't ask me I'm no expert on furry things).  If I had your giraffe box and I came over a bit melon colic I could open up the lid, sniff, and be transvestied  back into my snug.

bert

Yes, FK I shall keep looking for a giraffe, like that we have a project, something to dream of... because if we actually get one we shall have nothing more to look forward to and if you threw it out, melon colic Weedon would want the box to "sniff-in".  But I know you wouldn't do that, you are too sentimental.

I have got myself into this giraffe thing and I shall see it through..as a project.

Comprendez...?

Thanks Mrs Animal! I just hope if you find my dream creature, that you won't get too attached to him and maybe not want to give him up! I promise you can have him for holidays and weekends if you like? I think poor old Bert can have the box, because no way will I send him back! I am a bit concerned about Bert's habit of smelling Giraffe boxes though!

Are you still playing the Guitar Bert? You could put the music to my song? Elephant John has turned me down again! Do you remember that lovely Japanese melon song? One ton of melons, just give me one ton of melons, one ton of melons, oh give me one ton of melons... I have a Spanish version on CD by Hooligan Ignacious, It's really quite good.

I will call my new Collie 'Melon' after Bert!

[quote]Thanks Mrs Animal! I just hope if you find my dream creature, that you won't get too attached to him and maybe not want to give him up! I promise you can have him for holidays and weekends if you like...[/quote]

**'Melon'**

Don't know anything about melons (Other than Dolly Parton) but I did read an article yesterday about a scandal at the St. Wawa Zoo. Apparently a male Wombat was mated with a Giraffe An investigation is being conducted to see who put him up to it.

[quote]Thanks Mrs Animal! I just hope if you find my dream creature, that you won't get too attached to him and maybe not want to give him up! I promise you can have him for holidays and weekends if you like...[/quote]

Fur, it must be a pigment of your infatuation to ever think I wrote music.  I only ever played a twangy guitar and did a marvellous mail-order business on how to play a guitar in half an hour.

However, always willing to help where I can so will send you some crotchets and quavers, or is it quivers and wotsits I can never remember, so you will have to forgive my hard of hearing its all that Guitar Boogie Shuffle business.  Back to the music....the best I can do is to send you a load of notes and leave you to put them in the correct order, it shouldn't be too difficult.  I won't send you more than you need otherwise you will have to write another song to take care of the excess.

Sad to report that my twangy days are also over due to the fact that a b****y gerbil took the tips of 3 fingers when I tried to stroke it.  The owner told me that it wasn't his he was only looking after it for his neighbour.  I'd like to get my one and a half hands on that neighbour one day.

bert