Fake Cat Market In France

Mrs Gupta and her husband want to sell up and go and live in France for good, they plan on taking their fake cat business with them and start selling the fake cats in the Dordogne. I have tried to explain to her, that there are over 10 million real cats in France, and that her fake cats would not find many buyers, if any at all! They have made a very good living from their business in the UK, through their shop and attending various exhibitions throughout the UK. They seem relly determined to go ahead with the permanent move to their holiday home in Monpazier, saying that the market for fake cats will be stronger than it is for real cats due to the reduced costs and upkeep over the real lads, plus if you opt for the gorgeous fluffy little kittens, they will remain gorgeous and cute for eternity, where a real one will grow into a big fat ugly yoke, like Mrs Simms daughter from the council estate.

Is there any room for this kind of venture in France? I don't know!

[quote]Mrs Gupta and her husband want to sell up and go and live in France for good, they plan on taking their fake cat business with them and start selling the fake cats in the Dordogne. I have tried to exp...[/quote]

...they also do fake wife (that will remain gorgeous and cute for eternity) ? 

This is a delicate and difficult subject.  The French authorities have been stamping down on fakes from abroad, fake sunglasses, fake Louis Vuitton bags, etc. and they destroy them.  Just imagine if a lorry load of these fake cats was discovered at Calais...

It is something which might be more appreciated in Japan or China, but in France where there are such good quality originals, it certainly needs a lot of research before taking a decision.  Perhaps they should be well advised to contact their local mairie, as in the Dordogne there may be a number of expats who have been neutering all the originals and such a venture may be welcome to bring something new into their commune.  Otherwise, it's true, they could always consider the fake cake market.

Good luck !  Let us know how your friends get on...

And in the words of my favourite Albert Schweitzer :

An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while the pessimist sees only the red stoplight. The truly wise person is colorblind

[quote]Mrs Gupta and her husband want to sell up and go and live in France for good, they plan on taking their fake cat business with them and start selling the fake cats in the Dordogne. I have tried to exp...[/quote]

Well, perhaps!

I just bought a book from Amazon UK named '101 Uses For A Dead Cat'. By buying a fake, you wouldn't have to wait for them to die or waste petrol trying to run over one.

God yes! I never thought of that! A fake cat will never die, will it? and you can't kill it if you do run over it! so the poor little sprog that owned the cat that got run over by you, would not be heartbroken or sad! They can just pick up the cat and sort of push it back into shape if it gets a bit flat.

Mrs Animal

Mrs Gupta's cats are not the designer type you get in Chelsea! so she should not have a problem on that score. They are all designed by her and manufactured to a very high standard in Peru. They are guarenteed for 10 years, you don't get that with real cats!

Here is an example of her current stock

[quote]Whats one of them Mrs Up? Here is another of Mrs Gupta's Lines (The Radio Control Hover Cat £299 inc p&p) they sell well in Wales (It's tail is the aeriel, which is why the Welsh like them)[/quote]

She could end up in the slammer for false advertizing, FK! Anyone can see that it is a St Bernard who has had a facelift. (I do know that the picture is real and looks gross to me.)

Sorry about that Mr Rayb! Mrs Gupta has a library of over 900 cat pictures, and it is my fault for putting the wrong one on!

Here is Mrs Gupta's Radio control Hover Cat that sells for £299 inc p&p! and is popular with the Welsh due to it's aeriel in the tail!

Mrs Up, What are those things you mention?

While speaking with Mrs Gupta on the phone this evening, we got talking about me little Bonsai Maple, she told me something really terrible about Bonsai Kittens. It made me so sad.

You keep deleting your posts tonight FK, I didn't see the Saint Bernard Manqué and we can't see Mrs. Gupta's radio control Hover Cat either (did you put it in the bucket first?).

You have gone completely agitated and bezerk flitting around from thread to thread since you found that Amy Infobel...

I'm going to bed, it's too late.  Hope to see the Hover Cat tomorrow. 

[quote]You keep deleting your posts tonight FK, I didn't see the Saint Bernard Manqué and we can't see Mrs. Gupta's radio control Hover Cat either (did you put it in the bucket first?). You have gone comple...[/quote]

I am sorry Mrs Animal, but I can't find that bucket anywhere! The only bucket I can see is in me scullery full of Jeyes fluid and water.

Maybe it was deleted by the high ups at LF? it might be classed as blatant advertising! who knows?  I was a bit quare last night after seeing the website Mrs Gupta told me about, It was really disturbing to believe that human beings can be so cruel to a helpless young animal. It was without doubt, the worst thing I have seen on the internet! Mrs Gupta was in tears telling me about it, and after seeing it for meself, I could understand why!

Don't know anything about fake cats but I was given a fake dog last year and it was no trouble, unlike most dogs and cats, but pretty useless, just like the real thing.

I sold it at the village brocante and have not yet been investigated for taking part in any illegal trade. If I'd had some more I could have sold them too. Seems there is a market for these things.

I hope the guests who gave it to me don't come back expecting to see it though. What can I say - it ran away?

Patrick

I think dogs are more popular in France than cats, although they have nearly 11 million cats just in Normandie! I wonder how many dogs are resident in France?

Mrs Gupta has decided to organise a big open air Fake Cat Sale in Monpazier (assuming she gets permission from the maire) after the success of the bi annual Flog a Dog week in Killarney, County Kerry.

I used to give away cheapy nasty presents I got from people to other people for their Christmas and Birthday presents! They have a name for it now in the UK, but I don't know what it is.

When I was a lad back in County Kildare, we never had birthdays! We were told that "you only have one birthday, the day you were born" One year I got to see Mrs Giles Donkey having it's baby though! But as me birthday was in December that year, it was me Christmas present too! I was amazed at where the baby Donkey came from! Me Mammy said "The grass that the Donkey eat, had baby donkey eggs in it, and they hatch out in the Donkey's belly and then she drops them out when they are big enough" I used to think that women eat loads of grass untill I came to England and watched Living and Growing on the telly!