Rain and the weather

Teamedup

Did those of you who had had no rain get any?

I see that France is rather chilly at the moment and tried looking at Meteo France last night. I think that they were asking 4 euros for me to check on what Sundays weather might be, after all they are selling a service without any guarantees what so ever.

Teamedup - try www.meteo.france2.fr   They give a 4 day forecast at no charge and it seems to be pretty accurate.  They only thing they don't show is whether the wind will be blowing.  You can enter the postal code of any area in France to get the localised weather forecast.

Tis COLDDDDD here in the Vaucluse - big frost last night.  Outlook is between 3 and 5 for the next few mornings with 9 to 12 in the afternoons.  Winter is here.

We finally got some rain, a few showers. Not enough for the water table though, certainly not as much as for the same period of time last year.

For me the amount has been exactly right, as the window of opportunity for digging the solid clay has been 5 weeks and still counting. Last Autumn it was probably one week before the quagmire season, and I missed that week

The grass has been green for 4 weeks now and growing very fast still, in fact everything is. I've noticed also that while the early trees have shed their leaves, the rest are still basically green, there is very little colour to be seen.

It's very cold outside now though.

I'm at our maison secondaire in England at present and it seems colder here than in Northern France, though the temperature inside seems like the height of summer - but that's the difference between a small terraced house in town with mains gas heating and a large rambling rural French place. I do miss the woodburner though, no room for one here. We've had rain in both places, in fact it's feeling quite boggy in places in France.

Here in N Lot we have had a few days rain in recent weeks culminating in a really good rain last Saturday. Since then the temp has dropped at night giving us our first frost on Thursday night and just up to double figures by day. The Meteo promises sunshine for the next few days and the wind this morning is drying out the ground. Good news to some extent as I have promised to dig up some blackcurrant bushes as gifts for friends.

No idea whether water restrictions have been lifted or not but as we are not watering the garden now, rarely wash the vehicles and do not have a pool to fill, I am not sure it matters.

BUT we are still v concerned that we are not getting enough rain and just hope, hope, hope for a long wet winter.

John

not