Last Christmas Posting Dates from France

tarncat

Is the british postal system still chaotic around Xmas/new year? I have

some important documents to send over and am thinking of leaving it

until after new year. Chances are that their office will be closed

anyway between the two dates. Pat.

MMM I think there are some change coming in at the La Poste on Jan 1st, if I remember correctly they will effect some parcel services so keep your eyes open !

(sorry I haven't got any details, but a friend was complaining about these changes recently as she is an internet trader, I think it will put prices up,of course, and minimise options)

**I have just received a christmas card posted in the UK on the 9 th Dec !**

As today is the 16 Dec Mrs O, are you happy you have received your Xmas card so quickly or upset because it has taken so long?

I only ask because I am so impressed about how quickly mail I have posted here in rural, southern 56 is arriving in the UK eg (before Xmas period) posted here in a small side-of-the-road yellow postbox on a Monday, arrives Cheshire on a Wednesday; (Xmas period) posted as before from here on Monday 12 Dec, arrives Cheshire or Lincolnshire or Sheffield, on Thursday 15 Dec.

I am not quite sure who to congratulate though - Royal Mail or La Poste[*-)]

[quote user="Russethouse"]

MMM I think there are some change coming in at the La Poste on Jan 1st, if I remember correctly they will effect some parcel services so keep your eyes open !

(sorry I haven't got any details, but a friend was complaining about these changes recently as she is an internet trader, I think it will put prices up,of course, and minimise options)

[/quote]

You can keep up to date and check on-line what their postage rates are on their website : [url=http://www.laposte.fr/index.php]La Poste[/url]