What is great about France?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Teamedup"]

if you think 25 years is OK before one approaches full salary[/quote]

No, the full salary is the one you start up with when you join the company, and ancienneté means you can get it increased the longer you work. You seem to be complaining about something which has enabled your husband to double his salary over the years.

No merit etc has nothing to do with this. This is just he way of keeping folks on lower wages. If one is promoted then one starts a new dance with the new salary scale for that grade.

It is the same for teachers and nurses and social workers and the list is endless.

And if one looks at job offers these amounts are indicated, just like they are in the UK. Only the bottom to the top amount takes 25 odd years in France, whereas in the UK it will take from maybe a year to five.

It really has nothing what so ever to do with having the proper salary to start with. It is a nasty game the employers play with employees.

Here is an example of a nurses pay:

8ème

1er

-

1 an

Total 21 ans

Fin de carrière : 2105.15 €

Début de carrière : 1363.32 € (2)

That takes 21 years to get to the max salary.

And here is the UK nurses pay

Grade D Newly Qualified Nurses
From £17,610 to £19,437

Now if anyone thinks that a UK nurse will not get that max salary within say a maximum of five years, I would be very surprised.

And that is how it is. Start salary to max salary in France and the UK, just the time scales that are different in getting the max.

Hello Katie,

You didn't last long did you?  The squirrel is holding a rose and the rabbit is hanging on a washing line (I think) and YOU should be holding your breath  and posts for at least another 3 weeks!  Well, if you're back then at least get with the thread and tell us what is great about France (apart from me being here[;-)]!)

Trying to speak french and making everybody laugh.  eg telling the locals there is butter in the cake I made and really I told them it contains hashish.  Saying see you in the summer and really I was talking about breast feeding.  Telling them my son has a kind heart when really I was talking about the size of his anatomy.

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]Trying to speak french and making everybody laugh.  eg telling the locals there is butter in the cake I made and really I told them it contains hashish.  Saying see you in the summer and really I was talking about breast feeding.  Telling them my son has a kind heart when really I was talking about the size of his anatomy.[/quote]

What? You mean the way you speak english?

Non quand je parle francais. Example a l'ete (C'ete) and all that stuff that I say in french which means something completely different to french people.  A bit like that translation mimi posted on the american thread.

Anyway, I could not hold out for another three weeks and escaped last night.  Hubby is away on business so when he comes back I will probably be back in the Betty Ford.

"Non quand je parle francais. Example a l'ete (C'ete) and all that stuff that I say in french which means something completely different to french people.  A bit like that translation mimi posted on the american thread."

Yeah, like when you speak english[:P]

[quote user="Tresco"]

Why thank you squirrel,

I love it myself.

I chose it in case I ever got booted over to the fluffy side.  The wabbit is holding a broken magic wand. I think it's ironic, or something.

[/quote]

Cripes Tresco, and there was me thinking it was a bunny biting through an electric cable, and lighting up like... like..., well like an electrified wabbit.

Hey, who's stolen the guerners Wink [;)]