War Games?

The thread about ariel photos of your house reminded me of this.

Last weekend there were hundreds of soldiers, with Tanks scurrying around in the woods. They had full kit, and they were at it at night too. My OH had guns pointed at him (or it seemed that way to him). A helicopter landed in a field about 300 yards away, and men came running out of it in a dramatic fashion.

I went out in the afternoon to another town, and they were at a town on the way too, but they seemed to be lounging around smoking tabs.

Did anyone else have any 'war games' in their area?

I thought all 'war games' were in deserts these days[;-)]

I would remind you both that this is a serious forum about France. There is the Lounge and France 'Lite for chatter.[:)]

That said, I did perhaps express myself in a light hearted manner, which perhaps attracted lighthearted responses.[;-)]

However. I did wonder whether these activities are a common occurence, and whether it was a  National Excercise, rather than the training for the defence of Smallville, 17.

I saw a lot of army activity in the fields near here we lived before.  It was about 9 years ago and it went on for a few days.  It's quite scary!

Also, yesterday I heard a helicopter hovering over my house, I was just going out anyway and when I looked up the thing was so low that I could actually see the guys inside.  I think they must have been taking aerial photos of peoples houses.  Has it happened to any of you?  They come by later on and ask if you'd like to buy a photo of your property.  Anyway, I got into my car to drive off and the helicopter followed me for about 5 minutes 'til I reached the main road, then it turned around and went back to where it had come from.  It was very low down, I could see it without having to look up!  Really strange! 

Then again, it could have been the Voici! paparazzi trying to get my photo - AGAIN![:-))]

Mrs Twinkle,

I was wondering if you are the same little Twinkle that had a record out in the 60's about a lad called Terry? It was great to jig about to!

I was visiting Mrs Gupta in the Dordogne recently, and I was followed by a train for about 5 miles! Is that quare or what?

Thanks for the lovely listening Gibbon! I have called him Barry after the singer out of the Bee Gees!  Did you ever look in your book about me dream that time?

I have a lovely yella tree that is not long for this world Mrs Dottie! I will be heartbroken if it passes away, It was brought  back from the Pyrenees for me by the most wonderfull person I have ever known in the whole wild world.

[kiss]

No, it wasn't me.  The only twinkling I was doing in the 60's was in my nappy!

I'm glad you liked the monkey - he's very patient isn't he?

I have been looking for my book of dreams for you and I can't find it, I'll have another go later. 

You see it's in a box in a very high up place and I have to use a ladder to get there.  The last time I looked, I fell off!  Don't worry I wasn't hurt - I landed on my collection of rubber boots, but I did hurt my back a bit on the flowery clogs.

Please keep in touch and if you go down the pub, it's not me there.

Tresco, we haven't had them in our village, but they've been having them in places near us like Camon and Puyvert.  I was very, very glad that they gave us a miss, as apparently the machine gun fire and grenades were going off for hours.  I think we would have had to scoop Maggie up from the floor with a spoon!

PG