Re: Thatsfrance (or so they say)

Thanks Dick, flattery will get you - ummm, nowhere - sorry !

I suspect this is a temporary suspension of service rather than an end, however these suspensions do serve to illustrate that there is more to running a forum than it may seem.........

[I]Perhaps theres an opening for the mod team here to offer our services to sort it out on a trouble shooting bassis ??? 

[Www][Www][Www]

Its OK Miki I'm joking [:)][:)]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they do seem to be having a tough time of it, but they aren't helping themselves either.

Sure, they have the right to delete posts and ban whomever they chose, but to ignore private Emails is just bad manners.

I hope they get it up and running again soon and get the problems ironed out.  IMHO they just need to relax a bit with their moderating.

[quote user="Rosebud"]

I agree they do seem to be having a tough time of it, but they aren't helping themselves either.

Sure, they have the right to delete posts and ban whomever they chose, but to ignore private Emails is just bad manners.[/quote]

That's the point, the bannings were mainly folks who were offering a

way for them to go forward, based on experience but folks were told

that boss and Mod were experienced forum peeps and knew what they were

doing.

Members were then told, like it or lump it and as you say, fair

enough, the problem being, is that attitude will not see it advancing

as a serious forum and with no real life experience of France at the

top and starting a new forum, well it just beggars belief, that they

simply ignored advice unless it coincided with their weird and

wonderful ideas.

I was banned and I have absolutely no idea why. I had made the same sorts of posts as I make here - often silly, but there were no arguments except for HWMNBN who was being particularly unpleasant at that time.

I think it was because I made suggestions about how to improve the forum, suggestions which they have since taken up! (I wasn't the only one making them.) But I don't know because they have consistently failed to reply to PMs and emails, as they have to another banned person who is a longtime poster here who was, as far as I can see, banned only because she IS a poster here, and offered advice.

Now in the end it is a here today, gone tomorrow French discussion forum. Tant pis. But I would really like to know what I did to offend them. Perhaps one of them could email me?

Apart from that I think Miki is spot on.

(ie a small model car made in 1959)

OK - thats enough I think ............................whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation the fact remains that there is an agreement between Thats France and Complete France not to discuss one another on the 'other' forum, so I am sorry but for now I am going to lock this thread and intend deleting it later when all those who have taken part have updated themselves.

This has nothing to do with any one particular comment ( Miki, yours just happened to be last ) but to do with 'Netiquette' and yes, I was at fault for letting it trundle on so long

Please do not start another one !