Re: Thatsfrance (or so they say)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dick Smith"]thatsfrance is down again, so we can talk about it.

I have now emailed three times asking precisely why I (along with Miki, TeamedUp, Will, Perpignanais and Cassis) were banned - not even the common courtesy of a reply. But HWMNBN still posts his ramblings - and they love him! Inexplicable. It seems we were banned because we objected to him and his insulting posts...

[/quote]

Clear it up Dick, Who is HWMNBN ? Perpignais and Cassis( Sissac[:D]) and of course L'Outcast  are still posting whilst you are not.  

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I believe the man was called Armsteen. I think he may have been banned. Not sure why.

[/quote]

I think as I said before that Armsteen was a stooge, it had to

be someone who knew us well. He knew all about Dick and asked questions

that some of us had asked before being non gratis. I blame him for the

demise of totally innocent posters ! My bet, is that he is the one pulling the plug all the time !

[quote user="SaligoBay"]I think you should leave Malcolm's parts out of it, Dick.  [/quote]

Mmm I thought that but checked my movements for the day in question and

I wasn't about, so that's me off the hook then. What about Dick, does

he have an alibi for the time of Armsteen's arrival ?

Yes and do please do leave my parts out of it, I like to keep them private.............

Well that must ring a bell with someone.

By the morning, we may have the culprit, then Dick can email the boss

and tell him it has all been a dreadful mistake and Armsteen alias

".................."  was the villain all along.

Neither can they/we.

Gay - I really think that goings on over there are so bizarre that whatever the netiquette (and that certainly hasn't been reciprocated by the 'team' there) this is a legitimate topic of discussion. If for no other reason that it makes CF look so very professional by comparison!

Neither can they/we.

Gay - I really think that goings on over there are so bizarre that whatever the netiquette (and that certainly hasn't been reciprocated by the 'team' there) this is a legitimate topic of discussion. If for no other reason that it lakes CF look so very professional by comparison!

I  have been posting their to give a bit of support to a new venture. I haven't seen all the goings on and missed the activities that led to certain people getting banned so I can't comment on why that happened. However, I do think it has had a lot to contend with during its recent existance, it was at one stage a welcome meeting place for those banned / or that had got the hump with LF. But then lots of dirty washing was aired that had nothing to do with that forum. I'm not wagging fingers , blaming anyone or trying to provoke an argument or anything, just trying to give an account of what's been happening for those who find the whole thing a bit of a mystery.

Yesterday, a new member joined that forum simply to quiz the moderator on a number of posts as to why Dick Smith and others had been banned. Hope you don't mind me mentioning you Dick, but I don't think its any secret on this thread that this has happened. So the forum has again been closed down, I presume whilst they deal with these posts.

To be honest, I can see why the admin forum over there do not want to provide an explanation as to why they have banned people, primarily because it will probably end up being dissected here and the explanation may not be acceptable and thus lead to more dialogue and this takes up peoples time.

I know people have a bee in their bonnet about a certain ex member of LF and why he has been allowed to join that forum, but so far he doesn't seem to have done that much wrong as far as I can see. He may be a little short with people but then that could be said for a lot of people.

I don't know who is running that forum but obviously it is a much smaller affair than here and they probably haven't got the time, money and resources to deal with things the way a big forum like this can. Which is probably why the plugged gets pulled a bit more often.

Nick, I didn't know you had been banned but if that's the case it might have something to do with that poll you started rather than asking where everybody was, a teeny weey bit of mischeif making may be?

OK so the moderator doesn't live in France and hasn't eaten moules, I live in France and have never eaten snails ! The topics are going to take time to develop, but rather than people just moan how boring they are, why not take part?

Surely these French forums can co-exist peacefully? I haven't posted on here for a while for a number of reasons and I suppose now I'll as welcome back as a whotsit in a swimming pool, so I shall extend my absence (sorry KKK [kiss]);

I really really haven't done this to be provocative, I just feel that the other place is having a tough time of it at the moment - its not like they are creating weapons of mass destruction, its just a forum, a bit of fun. Now, do I need to go and put my thick skin suit on? 

[quote user="viva"]

Nick, I didn't know you had been banned but if that's the case it might have something to do with that poll you started rather than asking where everybody was, a teeny weey bit of mischeif making may be?

[/quote]

Busted!

On a more serious level though, why allow people to put up polls whilst allowing them to load the answers - "when did you stop beating your wife?"? My "poll" may have been mischievious, but it was not offensive - and it did demonstrate their pointlesness.

Thatsfranklynobodycares has plenty to learn, but they seem unwilling to learn any of it. Lesson 1 - pull head out of sand. Lesson 2 - get decent mods. Lesson 3 - reply to emails from your clients. Lesson 4 - close & leave things to those who know better. Lesson 5 - etc etc etc

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Neither can they/we.

Gay - I really

think that goings on over there are so bizarre that whatever the

netiquette (and that certainly hasn't been reciprocated by the 'team'

there) this is a legitimate topic of discussion. If for no other reason

that it lakes CF look so very professional by comparison!

[/quote]

What fine irony you can do at such an early hour, whilst we mere

mortals have to rest the grey matter ready for another day of

investigation in to the true udentity of one Mr Armsteen, you are still

thinking on your feet !