Re: Thatsfrance (or so they say)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made the mistake of replying to some bloke called Dick Smith over on the dark side of the moon.  I picked that thread to reply to as it seemed the most interesting and it was close to the top of the list, so I thought it was recent.  Only after I posted did I realise that DS's post was the best part of a month old.

Does it seem odd to anyone here that one might become a moderator on a hypothetical French forum without knowing the least bit about France, and, for example, never to have sampled the local culture to the extent of never having eaten moules? Is it just me, or is that odd?

>never to have sampled the local culture to the extent of never having eaten moules? Is it just me, or is that odd?

A friend of mine is complaining about Moles in his garden. I know the french eat anything that has lived , but is there a recipe for eating Moles ?[:)]

We've obviously been thinking along the same lines Owens88. I want to know why, if snails taste so good, isn't there a recipe for slugs ? Thery are rumoured to eat coypu pate around these parts although I've never actually seen any.

Hoddy

[quote user="Dick Smith"] ...and, for example, never to have sampled the local culture to the extent of never having eaten moules? Is it just me, or is that odd?
[/quote]

I've never eaten them either.  I'm definitely regarded as odd for that reason alone. [;-)]

Dick...?... this HWMNBN is that another one of these crosswords clues like BURMA?...

As to this place on the other side, ooohssspoookeeeyy, I did visit it a few times and you're quite right : it is not too far removed from what you described as the Millennium Dome this big bland thing with nothing interesting inside run by a bunch of paranoids with not much idea of what people want...

>>>...Does it seem odd to anyone here that one might become a moderator on a ... French forum without knowing the least bit about France, and ... never to have sampled the local culture .... never having eaten moules? Is it just me, or is that odd?....<<<

Vraiment bizarre.... pas toi Dick, t'es cool toi... pour un vieux mec! [(;-)] ... mais c'est impardonnable des imposteurs de ne rien savoir du pays et d'en causer comme si ils étaient le fils ou la fille prodige de cette merveilleuse contrée qui est la mienne (même en exile) ......

A la pèche moule, maman, lalalalalalala...

j'm'en souviens plus...

Ahhh... des moules! the only ones I can find, at my supermarket, come from the far-east prepacked, in the frozen fish section, with ready made sauce... I live only 12 miles from the sea... in this country totally surrounded by sea!.... Now that's odd!...

>>>....If splash = plouf, yum yum = miam miam and ouch = aie then eeeeeek = ????? <<<

eeeeeek = la p'tite souris prise au piège par le gros minou avec son chapeau vert.. Elle en est morte de peur et ses dernières paroles étaient eeeeeek !!

thatsfrance is down again, so we can talk about it.

It seems that the incerdibly paranoid, rude and inexperienced forum owner and moderator left the 'guests can post' box unticked, and someone has been playing fast and loose. So they take the nuclear option (probably the only one they understand) and pull the whole thing down.

Has anyone seen the incredibly rose-tinted stuff the 'modulator' is posting? They must watch him coming with drool running down their bank accounts!

I have now emailed three times asking precisely why I (along with Miki, TeamedUp, Will, Perpignanais and Cassis) were banned - not even the common courtesy of a reply. But HWMNBN still posts his ramblings - and they love him! Inexplicable. It seems we were banned because we objected to him and his insulting posts...

[quote user="Hoddy"]

Thery are rumoured to eat coypu pate around these parts although I've never actually seen any.

[/quote]

Funny folks in Leicestershire.  I can quite believe it.  I had a coypu in the back of me lake, once ...

>>>...There is definitely some Monkey Business going on over the road ...<<<

Talked to me about monkey business!

Just this very minute, which has not ended yet, I was 'THERE' looking at a few threads. Doing nothing more than browsing on some of the threads and I clicked on 'food etc...' section, just to see how the 'throwing custard pie' competiton is getting on... (if you get me gist!)

... and a (bleep me off darlings!!) flashing big sign appear to say 'This board is currently unavailable, try later' ... ! ...

When later?... after the next World Cup match this evening...