Whats that place called?

I have just read about this on Wikipedia. Horrific.

I then had a look at the other links in the story and eventually ended up looking at the French Resistance and Maquis pages, which give some mini biographies of famous and not so famous Resistance / SOE members.

One lady called Nancy Wake ,I am ashamed to say, I had not heard about before but she really intrigued me and is now apparently living in an oap home in London and I have just ordered her biography from Amazon.

So thanks to the original poster for posting!

If you are interested in SOE you may like to look out for a book called 'A Life in Secrets' by Sarah Helm ISDN 0-349-11936-8, Its about a woman called Vera Atkins who helped prepare SOE agents for their missions, particularly the women. After the war she made it her mission to find out exactly what had happened to each of her 'girls' who had not returned. At the same time the author reveals how Vera was not quite what she seemed and how she had her own, very well kept secrets, too.

I'm reading it at present and have really enjoyed it, although there was a sense of disbelief at some of the stupidity sometimes........