Ali@ards Diary.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Ali

So sorry to hear that Ben is still missing[:(]

Arthur sounds like he has a few stories to tell...hopefully Pads will be back on line too - but Ali, you have never even 'met' Eggers, so we all have things to tell you, too.

PS Jay Jay came for lunch and the inevitable happened (Ali will understand)[:-))]

Egger should be coming out in the second half of the month I think.

Can you tell that I don't know the date?  I know where she is renting though.

I somehow think it was about the 23rd.  If I see her around, I will let you know.  I will just look for a 'marital' expert with a gun who drives a van and is hand in hand with a hairdresser. 

Shouldn't be hard.[:D]

Hello Im back, have had a loverly time , wish we were still there, our conversations are now "when we move out" not "if we move out" which is a step in the right direction...... No probs with the sale and all items where left as promised, we are soooooooooo...... happy. and one night while we were in the forrest near us we saw 3 baby wild boar, that had to be the highlight of the whole time out there.......! but no!!!!! One day while in Carcassonne I met a baby JAY JAY who was just as crazy as on here. We had a few drinks and a lot of chatter and laughs, but sadly time was running out for me as i had to come back here. But shes one lady I will be meeting again. Another highlight was meeting Johnzjob and his missus, who were loverly, although i dont think he liked my prezzie as he left it behindHA Ha it was one of those 1970 mirrors with a picture of a plane on it in a loverly plastic frame and cardboard back that i found on the wall in my house???? cant think why he didnt like it..........and he has a loverly dog, which almost made me home sick for mine. Jay jay sends her love she is having a great time, and im off to bed, 4.30am in pradellas seems a long way away now, its been a long day      

hello gang

sorry i haven't been on for a while, but hen you actually get here, and realise how much work is ahead of you, then the time to go on-line just doesn't seem to be there.

the journey over started pretty badly, our removal van turned up 6 hours late, the new owners had been sitting outside for 2 hours !!!

to speed things up, i paid their removal men 'cash in hand' to muck-in and get us out. result, moved out in 40 mins ( did we move out, or were we thrown out ????? )

journey down ok, except the pup got constipation. ever seen 2 grown people trying to coax a dog to crap in northern france ? well it was us !!!!

overnight in formula 1, gang of workers opposite drinking 'til 4.00 am, fantastic.

drove down a10 no probs, until 2k from exit junction, them wagon upside down. 2 hours to travel 2k !!!! 

pup then throws up in car !!

arrived at caravan in a thunderstorm, no gas because i didn't know there was a reset button on the gas bottle !!!

no tv, because......still don't know why ...

soaked through, no food, had a pot noodle and a bottle of wine each !!  looked at each other and thought... what the f**k have we done ?

next day, sorted the gas and the tv ( for the radio ), bought fresh bread bread, sun shining, ate breakfast in garden, things are looking up...

that was 6 weeks ago, and only a fraction of what's happened soo far...

arthur

Hi Arthur sounds like your trip was a misery, still the sun and views and life will soon make up for all of that .

hope it all gets better, isnt that first morning having breakfast in the garden feeling great though?

Oh Ali im so sorry to hear about your boy, I have just read back to see what i had missed and have seen your back on line , tell us more about your house hunting , its the best bit. but you will be glad to know all my bits went sailing through ok no last min hitches at all lots of luck with it all  

Welcome back Ali, albeit, temporary, great news about the PK's, but sorry Ben is still missing.

Arthur, sounds like a baptism of fire, stick with it though. Sounds much like our start over here, it can only get better!

BTW way, it was Tresco that led me astray at lunchtime, not the other way around. Ali would know that though!!![;-)][Www]

Pads, a baby JayJay? It was fun & it was great to meet both you & Tresco, cheers both![kiss]