Ali@ards Diary.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the LF Soap Opera!

Ali and her husband Mark are moving over here, but it's been a rollercoaster ride with dodgy buyers, ailing parent, last minute doubts and generally very high levels of flakiness demonstrated by Ali. so much so that only last night I was moved to call her a ninny-hammer, despite her obvious wit and intelligence. [:D]

A pint of tha concoction Pads and you would be wearing the skates for ear ringz. Can I watch? [B][geek].

John.

P.S. Very pretty please forum admin can you put the smilies in alpha order. Me eyez ain't wot they used to be and I have trouble finding me beer never mind a bruddie smilie [:(]..

Hang on!!  I've never noticed this thread before now!!  How could I miss one  ..... about me!!! [:-))]

Signed the contract to sell our house today!!  Booked the cats journey, with the animal courier, about 20 minutes ago & now have to go & do the dinner dishes!!  What an exciting day it's been!! 

Will hopefully be in France for 25th July!!

The moggies are going about 2 weeks before us - mainly as we don't want to travel with them.  I know - I'm a big softie - but I would hate to be in the car, hearing them cry, sitting in the plane, worring about them in the hold & then the same all over again again, from London to France to the house.

They will be picked up - in an air-conditioned van - driven to the boat, stay in England & then the ferry to France.  Boarded near Angouleme for a little while & brought to the house.  Actually, they are going in more comfort & style than us!!  We're stuck on a budget airline with no leg room & having to pay £3 for a yucky sandwich!! 

Oh!! I'm gonna miss them, something terrible!! [:(]

Pads, what are your travel arrangements with your four legged friends?!!

Don't worry about the thread being hijacked, KKK.  I know it's nothing to do with you & I thank you for doing the decent thing & bringing it back, in-line. [Www]

Hopefully - forever.  We're renting for 6 months - just to be sure it's right for us, before sinking our money into our own house.  I can't see us wanting to move back to the UK - but we feel safer having the option - just in case.

well for ever is a long time .................we have started with a small place to give us the option between now and when i can convince hubby its time to retire, to see if we really like it . if we do then we will sell up here move out and buy a place with more garden , if not its going to be a holiday place. I think we more than likley will move out in about 5 years ish or when income tax is less than here which ever comes first .  but as hubby works away from home any way we can live where we like, so we will be spending a lot of time out there together or me on my own. to be honest we spend our lives not knowing where we will be next week let lone years. take care[:D] 

It seems like it's going on forever - but then I look at the calendar, realise how much I have to do & panic!!  I'm normally the most organised person I know - but I actually can't get motivated to start, this time.  Maybe it's because the move has been on, then off, then on again & I worry if I start, it'll all be off again!!

We are having our part-delivery collected next week (the stuff we will need in the next 6 months - including clothes, plants, paperwork etc.) - but I haven't even collected the boxes yet, from the removal people, to start packing!! 

I'll probably end up sticking the cats into storage, send Marks guitars with the animal courier & shoving Mark in a tea chest!!  [:-))]

No problem!!  He actually ended up doing all the dishes last night - told me to sit down & enjoy the footie - & then brought me in a coffee & bun.  [:D]

I'll PM you the rates, I thinking of charging, for hiring him out!! [:-))]