Ali@ards Diary.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well truly I hope I'm wrong. I have relatives whose pavillion is complete, but the phone line should have been done by now (by the end of July, actually) as part of the whole build contract.

When did you arive? When did you book the installation?.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Well truly I hope I'm wrong. I have relatives whose pavillion is complete, but the phone line should have been done by now (by the end of July, actually) as part of the whole build contract.

When did you arive? When did you book the installation?.

[/quote]

We arrived on 15th July but did get around to going to France telecom until 28th (trying to get beds to sleep in and hot water working first [;-)] ).  We were told phone would be working by 3rd (already had a telephone line at the house - just needed 'activating' / account opening or whatever it is they do).  3rd came and went - phone still not working finally fixed (after several calls to France Telecom) on 9th.

Kathie

• 2 weeks later...

With my amazing powers of research* I have been able to speak with Ali.

She's fine, apart from the fact that one of her cats went missing two weeks ago[:'(].

She'll be on line in a week or so.

*I found a previously un-noticed mobile number at the bottom of an old e-mail[:$]

4 Days and I will be there............................

Im so excited, barring flights, bad weather , bad back, and any acts of nature, we will be picking up our keys 11am on wenesday.

So wont be on after tuesday for a month , but will have loads to tell you all when I get back.

Any last minute advice? Ideas,? or warnings post them now................................[;-)] 

Hi Pads

Fingers crossed that it all goes well for you - do try to let the Forum know how you are getting on as soon as you can!  I am that close to making a decision to follow in your footsteps (which is certainly mad with older children...).  So no last minute advice from me - just best of luck!

Anna

bonjour all

we made it !!!!!!  we now live in france, and this is home ( still feels funny when you say it ).

can't stop long, storm coming, but wanted to say hello.

finally got the interweb yesterday, took 8 hours f*rting around to try to get online, finally with help from a friend we have suceeded, and typically there's  storm coming.

can't wait to catch up with the crack, and tell you about our disaster of a moving day...

nice to be back

arthur

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!!!

It's me!!!  I've managed to log on, using the folks computer we're renting from, as it will be 3 more weeks till we get on line - long story but France Telecom are not on my Christmas card list!!

We are well settled in - except for the heartache of losing Ben.  He's been missing for nearly 5 weeks now & it has cast one hell of a dark shadow over our move. [:(] [:(]

We are heading out househunting this afternoon - still haven't seen anything we really like - but a few possibilities.  We're off Cognac direction on Friday & will be hitting a few immobiliers, there.

Hope you're all well & it's great to hear that Arthur & Pads are now here, as well.

Take care & I'll log on later to catch up.

Love,  Ali. [kiss]

Hi!!

Just back from Barbezieux & thought I'd nip in again to log on!!  OMG I'm addicted again!!

Internet problems are partly of our own making & French Telecoms.  When we arrived, we were staying in "The Granary" which had an Broadband line - but was being used by the owners so we thought we would wait till we moved into the "Farmhouse", 3 weeks later. 

When we went to sign up they said "no problem" & signed us up for 1mg broadband, which should have come on line a few weeks ago - but wouldn't work.  Then a guy from Orange arrived out to say there was no Broadband line & one would have to be installed.  So it'll be a few more weeks till an engineer arrives, to do the work.  C'est la vie!!  (please note how my French has improved!![Www])

We were beginning to worry we had brought the Northern Ireland weather with us, last month!!  But boy, isn't it lovely now.  I've actually gone from 13-14 painkillers a day, back in NI, to 2 here, even during the milder days!!!  I can't believe it!! 

Our part-delivery still hasn't arrived - so Mark is going stir-crazy without his guitars - I'm enjoying the peace & quiet!!  It should be here by the end of September - about the same time as the internet!!  Hopefully then we will get down to more serious househunting (it's terrible not getting on-line!!) & let you all know how we are geting on.

Chat soon!!

Ali.