Ali@ards Diary.

[quote user="pads"]I emailed him back and said but there are people in there until the 14th , he came back with ok do from the 14th. But last week he told me I couldnt insure it until it was mine but I had to have the paper work  for the completion date.? MEN[:(][/quote]

Hopefully you wouldn't have to claim as the present owners would still be insured ?

Perhaps the insurance  company just like to make their policies begin and end in 'whole months'

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Rosebud!!  Getting very excited & very nervous!!  [:-))]

Our part delivery left yesterday & most of the furniture for storage.  The house is bare!!  Just the master bedroom furniture, sofa, TV & kitchen cooking things, left.  All the pictures, ornaments, tables, chairs etc are gone - it's weird to have a house that echos!!

Then today - the cats went 6-0 up, in the cats-humans score!!

They will now be flying to Bordeaux the day after us - as there will be no-one to receive them, on Wednesday, until our plane lands (about 1 hour later).  They would be kept in the (un-air-conditioned) cargo bay until our plane arrives -  if we were delayed & with the heat in Bordeaux, I dread to think what state they would be in. 

So they are flying out, on Wednesday, to England, staying overnight in a cattery & we will have to drive back to Bordeaux, on Thursday, to get them.

At least this way, we can to onto Angouleme, with the cases & settle ourselves in, before bringing the cats home.

I know a very nice redhaired lady who tells me her grandma (also a redhead) always told her to stick to the colour green.

Yeah right. Does she also follow her grandmas advice with regard to just how comfortable the bustle is?[:P]

[quote user="Tresco"]

I know a very nice redhaired lady who tells me her grandma (also a redhead) always told her to stick to the colour green.

Yeah right. Does she also follow her grandmas advice with regard to just how comfortable the bustle is?[:P]

[/quote]..............

she took her literally and glued her self to the lawn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[8-)]

We're leaving about 4am on Wednesday 26th.  Will have the laptop with us - but not sure how long it will take us to get it up & running, in France.  Hopefully, should be back on line by the 27th!! [:)]

Mark's fine - I'm sore & knackered!!  I'm heading into Ard's this morning for a coffee with my sister (last time I'll see her, before we go) & leaving him to carry on packing!!  A girl has to get her priorities right!! [:D]

Will someone tell that darn snail to SLOW down!! [:-))]

If he is going to fast for you send him to my place I still have 4weeks and 4 days to go[:(]

Hope you enjoyed your coffee and that big sticky bun........... I dont know how you can sit down when im excited and waiting for some thing to come I pace or throw my self into spring cleaning as i have covinced my self it helps time go quicker. so in about 2 weeks the house will be like a show home. Hope you didnt pack the whip as i think you may need it for the pack horse[Www]

Enjoy the rest of your time at home , take the trip easy relax and get there ready to type............. you can turn the snail aroun and have day 1,2,3, in france, it will be amazing how quickly it will say month then year.....................Have fun

morning,

just a quickie to wish you both the best of luck. we leave on tuesday 1st august so i suspect we're all having the same feelings at the moment.

france telecom wil be installing our phone line on the 1st, but we haven't sorted the internet out yet, so it will be interesting to read how you have fared when we eventually get back on line.

once again, good luck ali and pads, see you at the other end.

arthur

4 weeks 4 days we pick up the keys on the 23rd aug. Thats if you can beleive an estate agent who emailed me an hour ago to say we were completting on the 30th , I quickley emailed him back to say no no no no we agreed the 23rd our flights are organised for that date.

Back at the begining we agreed the lady who owned the house could keep a 2 week rental she had ending the 19th aug couple of days to clear out her stuff and it would be ours 23rd he just said she had a rental up to the 29th so she has either taken more or  he was wrong. Hubby was threatning to pull out over this????????????/ so I told him and he has come bac with he was wrong and it is the 19th Who wants to lay odds when we get out there we ar made to ait a week for the keys, he will die a slow and painful death if he dose. and i will never hear the end of it from hubby.

Arthur where are you moving to? good luck with it all hope yours has gone smoother than ours. Im just going out to vent my fustration on the chicken hut  and give it a good clean out.....................   

Ali ............. Where are you ? we want to hear about the nail biting last 2 days. You cant go silent on us now

Did Mark finish the packing?

Have the cats done a last miniute disappearing act?

Has Ali cracked and taken to the bottle in the corner of the room mummberling to her self?

Tell Tell TEll..................................[:D]

I've just popped in to catch up on Ali's excitement & I agree Pads, she can't go silent now.[:(] The puter will be the last thing to unplug, won't it?[;-)] Hope it's going well Ali & both of you are not getting too stressed out. Hope the cats are OK & ready for their adventure as well.