School Dinners

Gardian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the thing which is always left unsaid is that very often these children are from deprived families where they will never get the necessary social skills or aspirations to move to more skilled work, better situations etc. Apart from anything else they are condemned to meet and marry similar deprived people and the cycle carries on. This also goes for antisocial attitudes, poor social values and so on. I assume that is the same in France in the new towns?

I think its the same the world over where the same social groups keep together. I have noticed however, the huge increase in pregnant teenagers now over here inBrittany compared to recent years, perhaps they have cottoned onto the fact they get free housing and all the benefits going and then their boyfriends can move in too! My son says there are three girls in the club in his LycƩe at the moment, unheard of before.

Yes I noticed the top range buggies these girls were pushing last week in Brest. Wonder who is paying for those? A controversial thought, but with all these pensioners now and more to come in the next twenty years than ever before, we need all the youngsters we can get to keep the pensions and health system going to pay those OAP's.Supply and demand perhaps

[quote user="Val_2"]Yes I noticed the top range buggies these girls were pushing last week in Brest. Wonder who is paying for those? A controversial thought, but with all these pensioners now and more to come in the next twenty years than ever before, we need all the youngsters we can get to keep the pensions and health system going to pay those OAP's.Supply and demand perhaps[/quote]

I think that this is only effective if the young people actually have jobs. If they're having babies and/or on benefits that only worsens the situation!