www.i-hate-france.com

Dave

Hi,

it seems that today we have new member that hates France so much he/she is using a signature that links to a rubbish web site that allows no way to contact them so making it impossible to refute the rubbish published on their site. He/she is starting to pop up in various threads. Why do people do this, is there apoint that he/she is trying to make?

best regards

Dave

Don't bother looking at the website mentioned earlier, it hasn't been updated in yonks and is typical of many American anti-France sites.

For something more interesting, that attempts to put to rights, and name and shame sites like these, try this instead

http://miquelon.org/

[quote user="Russethouse"]Ha - will that be jaw, jaw rather than war, war ?[/quote]

I can't help feeling that three female leaders would be quite a good

thing. Does our Hils speak French or German, I wonder? If not then the

other two could probably get away with being quite rude to her. The

furture of civilisation could be settled in the ladies loo at the UN.

It would be so nice to think woman prime ministers / presidents are more likely to talk rather than fight  but ..unfortunatly past  events in Middle East.. India and Argentina have  shown that female leaders have also had to take their countries to war. ...like the idea though Jon

I asked several of our American guests back in the summer what the chances of a female President would be next time round, with Hilary standing for the Democrats and Condy for the Republicans.  The view I got from most was that Condy doesn't have enough support and that Hilary doesn't have enough experience and will probably go for Mayor of New York before she has a go at it.  Missed Trip's posts.

My American friend who lives in France usually says that she doesn't believe the American people are ready for a female President.......however Hilary is certainly ambitious and has a good idea of what the job involves, perhaps not next time but the time after would be more likely?

Or maybe she would make an excellent vice President, a great 'running mate' for another candidate ?

[quote user="Russethouse"]What price Hilary Clinton for President next time round ?[/quote]

I don't think she's electable, Russet.  She's just too polarizing a force for most people. A lot of us on the left feel she has pandered too much to the right, and those on the right just plain hate her on principle!

PG

[quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Russethouse"]Ha - will that be jaw, jaw rather than war, war ?[/quote]

I can't help feeling that three female leaders would be quite a good

thing. Does our Hils speak French or German, I wonder? If not then the

other two could probably get away with being quite rude to her. The

furture of civilisation could be settled in the ladies loo at the UN.

[/quote]

At least she wouldn't be "groping" the other world leaders...

PG