The 1st fly of 2007

Cat

No, sorry, like Pierre, we never fully got rid of ours.  We did get down to just one annoying little buggar that always turned up buzzing round my head.  At the moment we're up to about half a dozen that always appear at mealtimes! [:@]

Oh. 

I see (sniff).

Definitely not a record then.

We last had flies in the house at the end of November, and hadn't seen another one until today.  I'm pretty sure the whotsit came in through the window.  I zapped him with my trusty electric tennis racket (makes mental note to buy new battery, it took quite a while to fry him).

I'm with Lori, I hate 'em, hate 'em hate 'em [6]

I hoover them!!!!

When we moved in, the house had been unlived in for a good many years and every evening the blighters would appear, seemingly out the the hole where the ceiling light was dangling from. After a few evenings of being buzzed and driven incandescent (!) with rage , I set Mr Clair by the light switch, positioned myself under the light, hoover tube in hand and pointing to the light bulb... As soon as the light was turned on, the hoover went into action and sucked in hundreds (alright, dozens then!) of them. [6]

What fun that was!!!