Favourite 'must see' in France...

Have to agree the Puy du Fou  the Cinescenie is a must see, we're local & have our anual passes and can happily spend time there over and over again - the birds of prey our our favourite spectacle....

La Rochelle, the Louvre, Paris...

Montsegur & Peyrapatuese (spelling v dogey) in the far south are also awesome - but keep a tight hold of sdmall children as the paths were not well fenced when we last visited. Carcasonne bearby is also beautiful.

Mont St Michel is worth a visit and if you are fi you can have a guide take you across the sands - DON'T try without though it's a lelthal mistake with the tides and quicksands.

Have fun

I agree about Mont St Michel. but it is best seen from a distance at night, or across the bay on a misty day.

I think the Millau Bridge is wonderful - it was designed by a  Englishman after all - but for grace and curves the Pont de Normandie beats it.

And for the 'did you really want to see that' the Musée du Granit at St-Michel-de-Montjoie (50). I'm afraid one piece of granite looks much like the next to me.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]
Bellefontaine is near Mortain and has an amazing children's attraction called Le Village Enchanté.
[/quote]

It also has an English-run holiday park that offers curry nights, Sky Sports on large screen TVs and other such delights (open to all). Sorry to say I have never been there.

Not the Enchanted Village, that is very Français - l'Auberge Paysanne, the little tableaux of French fairytales (interpreted by Barbie, Ken and friends) and the Automata show! Well worth a visit. Unless things have changed a lot in the past 2 years since I was there.

The Eiffel Tower.

NOT those dreadful auto-loo's in the streets.

The Memorial at Rivesaltes. To remind people of the thousands of French Jewish children who were transported to, and murdered at, Aushwitz. By the French Govt in WW2. I pass by that camp several times a week and it both breaks my heart and makes me sick to think what went on in this country only just over 60 years ago.

The Cathar Castles and the scenery they live in. Breathtaking.

Can anyone help please? Somewhere near Cognac I think there is a church built into a (man hewn?) cave which I want very much to go and see. Could some kind soul please give me the location.

Thanks

Tim

"Can anyone help please? Somewhere near Cognac I think there is a church built into a (man hewn?) cave which I want very much to go and see. Could some kind soul please give me the location."

You wouldn't be thinking of Aubeterre-sur-Dronne would you? It's a lot further South than Cognac but it does have a famous church built into the cliff side - you can find details here: 

http://aubeterresurdronne.free.fr/2/pages_francais/principale2.htm

Have to agree with Cooperlola for my first 2 choices.

Le Mans, just love it especially the wonderful market on Sunday morning it's fantastic to have a coffee and just people watch as well as getting loads of lovely fresh food.

Also St Suzanne just 6km from our New Place (thats if it all goes through ok)

The other one for me is Oradour-sur-Glane made me feel very humble.