health changes - non healthy attitude!!

Hi there,

Like many of you I'm feeling very isolated and confused about the new health changes. Irrespective about how/when these changes affect us - how is this new challenge shaping your perspective of France ( or more importantly where you live/have property)?

I have to admit that I've fallen into a " everyone in France hates me" mind-set, which I know is neither true nor fair. Is anyone else feeling the same?

If so how do we shake these negative feelings?!!

Regards

LL

As I see it, the main problem is that wherever I go,  I have to take Me with me.

Me isn't hugely positive about much so I have to do it for both of us.

Currently, and that I'm using these sadnesses as a bolster might give a slight insight to the darker aspects of where I can sometimes see Me heading, I take consolation in the fact that I'm not going to my mother's funeral on Friday but I will be accompanying my friend to her mothers or that my children will not be attending the funeral of their single father tomorrow as two children in my daughter's school will be or that I'm not my own mother, trying all options in a last ditch attempt to save her sight.

I guess what I'm saying is, get over it & get on with it.

I'm genuinely not trying to be flip or hurtful but look at all your positives, be they in France or elsewhere and I'm sure you'll cheer up soon.

[quote user="lucky luke"]

[/quote]

1. Think of people you know who are far worse off than you and be grateful

2. Reach for another glass of falling-down water until it doesn't matter any more

3. Pull yourself together and stop being such a wimp or everyone in France really will have just cause for hating you.

John who now sees new opportunities in counselling [I]

not

[quote user="Iceni"][quote user="lucky luke"]

[/quote]

1. Think of people you know who are far worse off than you and be grateful

2. Reach for another glass of falling-down water until it doesn't matter any more

3. Pull yourself together and stop being such a wimp or everyone in France really will have just cause for hating you.

John who now sees new opportunities in counselling [I]

not

[/quote]

Eloquently put John.

As I have been told (by an undertaker) Life is just a game and then we die. Remember that if you don't live each day to the 'full' it's a day wasted.

Go do something dangerous today..................................[Www]

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Go do something dangerous today..................................[Www]

[/quote]

Do you mean

moderately dangerous - such as hoovering up the fluff bunnies that live under our bed and risk meeting the giant spider ?

or really dangerous such as arguing with Di over my plan to buy a cheap, nasty but colourful banquette-lit from Leclerc ?

Seriously though I can understand the confusion that reigns over the possible extent of healthcare changes, not helped of course by the plethora of posts (many of which appear to conflict) and the usual Frog-bashing attitude of the Daily Mail brigade et al. None of which justifies a "stay in bed, pull the covers over your head and cry yourself to oblivion" approach. Sometimes we (or rather, you) have to wait until the dust settles and fact takes over from conjecture.

ali-cat - on reflection you are probably right, it is possible to be too, too caring

John

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Bugbear

You're not inviting me to ride pillion on your bike, are you?  That would definitely be much too dangerous for me!

[/quote]

I promise to be very gentle with you........................................[:)][:)]