"Village of Hate" What Is This?

That is a devastatingly dreadful story.  We really enjoyed Brittany when househunting but I thought there was a feel of the Celtic fringe about it and I wanted to live in the "real" France.

I just feel so very, very sorry for the woman featured.  Just as well it wasn't me as I wouldn't like to answer for my actions if somebody harmed my child or my animals.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

This is the most horrible story I ve ever read regarding the reaction of French people to British presence.

Honestly, when I read it, I felt ashamed of being French ..

[/quote]

Hi Frenchie ,

your words are valued and understood,

In my experience of the French people this has got to be a very isolated case!

No matter what country , you will alway find one "bad apple"

[quote user="Frenchie"]...Honestly, when I read it, I felt ashamed of being French. [/quote]

I don't see any need for melodrama here.

If I was ashamed every time an English person was alleged to have done something wrong, I'd be dying of shame.

There are a lot of anecdotes in that article, but very few facts.

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Frenchie"]...Honestly, when I read it, I felt ashamed of being French. [/quote]

If I was ashamed every time an English person was alleged to have done something wrong, I'd be dying of shame.

[/quote]

Well, call it melodrama if you wish, but you can't deny how I felt.

Thank God, this is only one isolated fact, but nevertheless, being French and knowing how much the vast majority of  Brits in France contribute to the economy, I thought this was horrible.

And having lived in England, I know most English people are animal lovers, unfortunately much more than the French ..

I hope mentalities will change little by little, but I couldn't help feeling ashamed of the French people who did that.

Because this happened in my own country, and was perpetrated by my fellow citizens.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Frenchie"]...Honestly, when I read it, I felt ashamed of being French. [/quote]

[/quote]

Well, call it melodrama if you wish, but you can't deny how I felt.

Thank God, this is only one isolated fact, but nevertheless, being French and knowing how much the vast majority of  Brits in France contribute to the economy, I thought this was horrible.

And having lived in England, I know most English people are animal lovers, unfortunately much more than the French ..

I hope mentalities will change little by little, but I couldn't help feeling ashamed of the French people who did that.

Because this happened in my own country, and was perpetrated by my fellow citizens.

[/quote]

Frenchie,

There are morons everywhere. There will always be some with grievances too. It is not a question of nationality and not a reflection on you or anyone else French.

Be neither ashamed nor proud - You are French and speak French as an accident of birth and not by choice, just like those described in the original post.

Danny